DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro pilot from Essex, UK

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

welcome buddy one good tip is listen to the pros here and take there advice on board / check all equipment and double check again before taking off stay in beginner until your comfortable with the mavic and1 important thing take your time

welcome buddy one good tip is listen to the pros here and take there advice on board / check all equipment and double check again before taking off stay in beginner until your comfortable with the mavic and1 important thing take your time
Thank you.
I will stay in beginner for a while, I just hope that I can get to grips in time for my holiday in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will get some great photos/videos whilst in Malaysia and Borneo.

Thank you.
I will stay in beginner for a while, I just hope that I can get to grips in time for my holiday in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will get some great photos/videos whilst in Malaysia and Borneo.

You should be ok again take your time check your setting and craft and check again [emoji106]

Reactions: Freesigner
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
Thank you.
I have heard that I might need to get a licence is this true?
I thought the licence would be for professionals or those that use it for business.

Hello everyone,
I am a first time drone owner and so excited to a proud owner of my Mavic Pro. I’ve not yet taken it out to fly as still trying to Learn everything, where to fly in Essex if allowed. Do I need a licence etc.
I would welcome any tips you all might have.
Howdy from Wyoming @Freesigner , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello freesigner
Hi from a fellow Brit, No you do not need a license to fly a drone in the UK, if you fly your drone for a hobby, and do not carryout any commercial enterprise.
As for tips, don't fly when it's windy until you are confident that you can control the AC when it is flying towards you without thinking which stick you need to move to turn left or right, stay in beginner mode for a while... :)
Happy Flying
Waylander

Hello freesigner
Hi from a fellow Brit, No you do not need a license to fly a drone in the UK, if you fly your drone for a hobby, and do not carryout any commercial enterprise.
As for tips, don't fly when it's windy until you are confident that you can control the AC when it is flying towards you without thinking which stick you need to move to turn left or right, stay in beginner mode for a while... :)
Happy Flying
Waylander
Hello waylander, thank you for your insight very much appreciated and that is a relief that I don’t need licence. Is there anything that I do need? As I’m reading a lot on the web and it’s talking about liability insurance. This is why I have not tempted to fly it to get used to my Mavic.
What about places where I can fly? I have downloaded and installed NATS.

Hello everyone,
I am a first time drone owner and so excited to a proud owner of my Mavic Pro. I’ve not yet taken it out to fly as still trying to Learn everything, where to fly in Essex if allowed. Do I need a licence etc.
I would welcome any tips you all might have.
Good for You! Your gonna love the Mavic Pro. Take your time and you'll be the best pilot ever in no time.

Good for You! Your gonna love the Mavic Pro. Take your time and you'll be the best pilot ever in no time.
I am looking forward to flying it. And also looking to get some great footage and photos with it whilst in Malaysia and Borneo. That is a long way off yet being the best pilot ever lol, but nice to have that idea.
How long did it take you to master it?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic+Air/20180213/Mavic+Air+User+Manual+v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hi Fresigner
Checkout the links LuvMyTJ posted they will help.

if you are thinking of flying in the tropics, then I suggest you get a set of ND filters, and some good Post video processing software, and then video everything you can in all lighting conditions until you get the settings down pat. Learning to fly is one aspect of owning a Mavic, but equally important is learning how to film and edit the results.
Good Luck
Waylander

Welcome to the forum Freesigner ,

I hope you find the following information useful.

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). It costs £33 at the time of writing. Click on the link to view their web site :-

Members Insurance

You can also insure your UAV against damage : -

Drone Insurance - Phantom Flight School

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice or find someone near you who has a Phantom.

The golden rule :- Always get permission from the landowner to take off and land.

After some time, something to aim for is :-

Multi-Rotor –

You might like to try the following apps. The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play and :- No Fly Drones

One item that I have found to be of great help is a clear coloured strobe light. I affixed mine to the rear of my P3 and it is easily seen in daylight for some distance. It helps greatly to determine orientation.

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

If you are going to carry out any flights you can register the area you will be operating at with dates, times and the grid reference to the RAF who will issue a NOTAM to relevant agencies. Their number is Low Flying Ops 0800 515 544.

The grid reference can be found on :-

Grid Reference Finder

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. If you want to check your spelling, put your cursor over the word with a red line under it, click once right and choose the correct spelling. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: dronegal27
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej