DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Platinum Owner! (UK)

Woolnut

Reactions
Hey All,

Just received my Mavic PP and thought I should sign up to here as there seems to be tonnes of useful information and members! I look forward to being part of the community :)

I haven’t been able to take the Mavic out for a proper flight due to the weather but fingers crossed I will be able to take it out this weekend.

Any pointers for new Mavic owners would be appreciated!

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Woolnut
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hey All,

Just received my Mavic PP and thought I should sign up to here as there seems to be tonnes of useful information and members! I look forward to being part of the community :)

I haven’t been able to take the Mavic out for a proper flight due to the weather but fingers crossed I will be able to take it out this weekend.

Any pointers for new Mavic owners would be appreciated!
Howdy from Wyoming, Woolnut, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Glad you decided to join us, please ask if you have questions or need help.

im only new myself pal and haven't even got my mavic yet I joined here after lots of googling for a good site found here and parked up my trailer ..every bit of advise here I got so far has been awesome nice people who put you straight .. welcome

Welcome ....

Make sure you read the full manual on the DJI website as the small one that comes in the box is a waste of time.

Also make sure you understand how the sensors work and the return to home options ....

If you intend to use your Mavic indoors or in tight spaces you need to consider turning off the sensors and fly in tripod mode ....

Finally find a nice big open space for your first few test flights.

Good luck and enjoy it :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, I have downloaded the manual and printed it out so I can have a proper read!

I am hoping to get a proper test flight done this weekend, but will need to see what the weather is like!

Thanks for the welcome guys, I have downloaded the manual and printed it out so I can have a proper read!

I am hoping to get a proper test flight done this weekend, but will need to see what the weather is like!

Where in the UK are you ??

In Essex, Chelmsford is the nearest city!

In Essex, Chelmsford is the nearest city!

It might have been nice to meet up but unfortunately we are long way from each other.

Fingers crossed for good weather this weekend.

Also have you installed NATS and UAV Forcast on your mobile device ? I find these very useful.

It might have been nice to meet up but unfortunately we are long way from each other.

Fingers crossed for good weather this weekend.

Also have you installed NATS and UAV Forcast on your mobile device ? I find these very useful.
Ah fair enough, i haven't seen any drones flying near me so i think i am on my own for a fair way!

I have already installed NATS, i will take a look at UAV Forecast :)

I have been looking at getting some sort of landing gear / launchpad, you don't happen to have any of those you would recommend?

Welcome Woolnut, I know the feeling waiting for the weather to clear up (I'm in Wales) but patience is key.

Use the time to read up and watch as many vids as you can and don't get tempted to fly it indoors.

Happy flying!

PS. Remove the gimbal lock before flight ;)

Welcome Woolnut, I know the feeling waiting for the weather to clear up (I'm in Wales) but patience is key.

Use the time to read up and watch as many vids as you can and don't get tempted to fly it indoors.

Happy flying!

PS. Remove the gimbal lock before flight ;)
I am not sure who has the worst deal in terms of weather out of us two!

Yeah i need to spend some more time looking at the manual, the main thing for me at the moment is remembering where all the settings are whilst using the DJI Go 4 App... So many menus and icons...

Assuming the weather is all good i will be 100% taking it outside this weekend for a proper fly! (just hope this Ultra Sonic Module Error isn't going to be a problem)

Ah fair enough, i haven't seen any drones flying near me so i think i am on my own for a fair way!

I have already installed NATS, i will take a look at UAV Forecast :)

I have been looking at getting some sort of landing gear / launchpad, you don't happen to have any of those you would recommend?

I don't have landing gear but I do have a launch pad .... just go for something portable and light. You can use anything really but I did buy one online.

I am not sure who has the worst deal in terms of weather out of us two!

Yeah i need to spend some more time looking at the manual, the main thing for me at the moment is remembering where all the settings are whilst using the DJI Go 4 App... So many menus and icons...

Assuming the weather is all good i will be 100% taking it outside this weekend for a proper fly! (just hope this Ultra Sonic Module Error isn't going to be a problem)

Is the Mavic new?

I just did a quick search on the forum and there's a fair few threads on "Ultra Sonic Module Error" - have you had a look yourself?

Is the Mavic new?

I just did a quick search on the forum and there's a fair few threads on "Ultra Sonic Module Error" - have you had a look yourself?
Yeah it is brand new, only had it for about 3 days!

I have had a look, i don't think i am going to be able to find out for sure until i give it a proper fly outside. I did a recording test on my iPhone and i can hear very clearly the Ultra Sonic working, but for the time being i am going to wait until i have had my first proper outside flight before contacting DJI... Which i have heard isn't the best.

I bought the drone from a company who appeared to be in the UK, they are actually based in the US so i am worried that i may have a US warranty (which may mean it will need to be sent back there for repair?).

Yeah it is brand new, only had it for about 3 days!

I have had a look, i don't think i am going to be able to find out for sure until i give it a proper fly outside. I did a recording test on my iPhone and i can hear very clearly the Ultra Sonic working, but for the time being i am going to wait until i have had my first proper outside flight before contacting DJI... Which i have heard isn't the best.

I bought the drone from a company who appeared to be in the UK, they are actually based in the US so i am worried that i may have a US warranty (which may mean it will need to be sent back there for repair?).

Did you update the Mavic right out of the box to V1.4.0100 firmware? Did it complete OK ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake