DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Platinum Video Issues

Reactions
Problem? I have very bad video right out of the box. Unusable bad.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Adjusting framerate, changed sd card, made sure all software is up to date.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Android

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification?
(if so what) None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) Yes.

Last edited:
Problem? I have very bad video right out of the box. Unusable bad.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Adjusting framerate, changed sd card, made sure all software is up to date.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Android

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification?
(if so what) None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) Yes.
Return it for a new one

Reactions: Thomas B
Sadly, this is the SECOND new mavic pro platinum that I have returned. The first one had vision calibration issues. My Mavic pro and Phantom 3 advanced NEVER had these issues.

If you just hover your MPP at head-height and turn the camera on, can you see any physical oscillation or vibration in the camera gimbal assembly?
And - a second question - If you get the MPP up in the air and moving fast, do you still see the same 'instability' in the vid that you shoot? ...
This 'may' be something associated with a low-speed or hover situation, where the MPP is using its stabilisation feedback electronics to maintain its attitude. You can get a situation where the feedback circuits are a bit too sensitive, and they cause an oscillation in the drone, which shows itself as a gimbal shake. If that's what it's doing, then it is possible to 'tune' it out using the GAIN settings in Go4. Don't go changing these settings if the above doesn't describe your symptoms - but if it does, then use this vid' as a reference regarding the reason and cure ...

I've never seen that in my M1P video, but have seen some vids on here in the past with that issue, very rare, maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years ?
It looks like some sort of outside interference (wagnetic, strong energy waves etc) but could be something specific to part of your MPP itself.
Obviously you've flown it elsewhere and it's the same ?

That isn't anything like the platinum prop on M1P problem, and not relevant to your MPP anyway, as its motors are all configured for the 8331 props.

If it's new, I would simply return it for another and hope 3rd time lucky.
It is a great drone, you just have a 2nd lemon by the looks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters