DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro User

RussC

Reactions
Had mavic pro a couple of days. I can fly it with just the phone in wifi or beginner mode with the RC. My samsung model #SM G950U with android version 7 experience 8.1. is the smart phone I am using
However, I cannot get the smart phone to communicate with the RC. I cannot calibrate or change out of beginner mode. Upper left corner of smart phone screen says "disconnected".
Help!

If you're using the side port of the RC to connect your device, unplug it and use the bottom USB instead. You need to unplug the side RC cable while using the USB otherwise it will not work.
If all fails chk if your device is supported by DJI.

Ensure the phone is actually seating on the connector properly - it should show as charging when connected. Some cases will prevent the phone connecting properly, and unless you're willing to modify the case or controller arms you'll have to fly without it.

You can try enabling Developer options on your S8 and enabling USB Debug Mode - that has resolved the issue in the past for some Samsung users.

Finally, try downloading the app from DJI's website rather than by searching for it from the app store - some of your paperwork you got with your drone (e.g.; the manual or other stuff) may have QR codes on them for shortcuts.

I've heard of more people having problems with Samsung phones than any other manufacturer, to be honest. The Galaxy S8 is a great phone, but Samsung has their claws deep into the Android OS - much moreso than many other developers - and their phones can have issues with not only connecting to the controller, but also with the DJI Go app.

Reactions: RussC
Had mavic pro a couple of days. I can fly it with just the phone in wifi or beginner mode with the RC. My samsung model #SM G950U with android version 7 experience 8.1. is the smart phone I am using
However, I cannot get the smart phone to communicate with the RC. I cannot calibrate or change out of beginner mode. Upper left corner of smart phone screen says "disconnected".
Help!

If you're using the side port of the RC to connect your device, unplug it and use the bottom USB instead. You need to unplug the side RC cable while using the USB otherwise it will not work.
If all fails chk if your device is supported by DJI.

s now
That's such an easy thing to overlook I didn't even think of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato