DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member and Amazon Renewed?

jclisham

Reactions
Hi everyone, I'm about to purchase my first drone after seeing/using my brother in law's MA2 this past week. I'm 99% sold on the mini 2 fly more bundle. Seems perfect for me.

I was about to purchase on Amazon and noticed I can save $40 with Amazon Renewed, but that's not what has me intrigued. I noticed with Amazon Renewed, you can get a 90 day return period vs. the standard 30 day. This could be very beneficial if DJI releases the Mini 3 within 3 months.

Has anyone used Amazon Renewed to purchase their drone? If so, are you satisfied? Reviews on Amazon are a bit 'sketchy', but not sure if that's just squeaky wheels.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Buying stuff on Amazon and using it on vacation and then returning seems to be a new game in town.
I guess that could be construed as what I'm doing, but really it's more about drone for drone vs. 'borrowing'. My true curiosity is have folks that used Amazon Renewed to buy their drone been satisfied?

Buying stuff on Amazon and using it on vacation and then returning seems to be a new game in town.

I remember electronic stores being really stingy and strict on camera returns for this very reason. People that do this ruin it for everybody!!

I've wondered about buying a DJI drone from the "Amazon Warehouse" but the amount of money saved didn't seem worth it to me. When it comes to drones, you don't know if you are getting something that was crashed. You can try it with confidence since the return policy is the same on Warehouse items and new items....if you get it and it's too used for your liking, pack it up and send it back to Amazon.

I have gotten other things through the Warehouse and have mostly had good luck. On a couple occasions, the item was broken or too used for my liking...back it went no questions asked.

Reactions: tlswift58
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but you can get the Mini 2 Flymore combo as DJI Refurbished for $499, that's a savings of $100 and you get the full 1 yr warranty, backed by DJI.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but you can get the Mini 2 Flymore combo as DJI Refurbished for $499, that's a savings of $100 and you get the full 1 yr warranty, backed by DJI.
Wow - I didn’t know that. That’s significant. Is that found on DJI website?

Just passed my 107 exam (current PPL so just needed the online training). Now I'm wondering if I should go straight to the MA 2S or stick with original plan of the Mini 2 until I get the hang of things and trade up as needed.

Just passed my 107 exam (current PPL so just needed the online training). Now I'm wondering if I should go straight to the MA 2S or stick with original plan of the Mini 2 until I get the hang of things and trade up as needed.
If you are rather certain you'll move to the Air 2S in the near future, I think you should just jump into it if you have the means. Just take it slow in the beginning and take your time getting to know the drone.

I believe the Air 2S is the best value drone DJI has produced.Seriously upgraded camera from small sensor drones and the latest in occusync and obstacle avoidance.I like spending your money!

• Haha
Reactions: RMS001
Amazon's liberal return policy is a good thing. Unfortunately Amazon will become much more stingy with returns if they see that people are taking advantage. If you're interested in getting the Mini 3 when it comes out, then wait for the Mini 3. I question the ethics of buying something, using it for a couple of months, and then returning it because something newer and better has come along. What would happen if everyone did this? The purpose of a return policy is to make it easy for people if there's a problem with the product, or if the product genuinely does not meet the purpose that the purchaser originally had in mind.

If you are rather certain you'll move to the Air 2S in the near future, I think you should just jump into it if you have the means. Just take it slow in the beginning and take your time getting to know the drone.
Agree. The Air2 is leaps beyond the Mini's. The Mini's are fun - yet being so lightweight and other things that the Air2 has that it doesn't - makes getting the Air2 more of a no brainer.

Yes, it does cost more - yet you won't be spending $500 for a Mini now and then 6 months later another $1,200 for the Air2. Sure, you may be able to sell the Mini and recoup some of your money - but not enough IMHO.

Scuttlebutt has it that DJI "may" be coming out with a new drone in next couple of months - so you can wait and see or buy now and have FUN now.

I kept my Mini after buying the Air2 a few months after the Mini - as we travel a lot and plan to fly it outside of the US as most countries have nearly same rules as US for under 250g drones - thus no need to register, which can be a real hassle if you're traveling thru 3-4 countries in 30 days. That is the only reason I kept my Mini. I much prefer the capabilities of my Air2 (not an S) compared to the Mini and so it flies 100% of the time. Yes, the Mini2 is a nice upgrade over the Mini, like the Air2S is to the Air2. My Air2 does everything I need for the moment and until DJI comes out with something that would make my Air2 look like PC from 1990, then I'll keep flying it.

Reactions: CFWB and maggior
I'm *mostly* settled on the Mini 2 via refurb from DJI on their eBay store. The Fly More bundle is only $499. ...solid. I think my gameplan will be similar in that I'll keep it if I decide to upgrade to a 2S or whatever it out when the time comes.
Ideally, I can get a few side gigs to pay off the Mini 2 and then save up a bit to get the 2S. And it also gives me the flexibility to decide if 'Droning for Dollars' is for me or not.

Welp - did it. Watched a couple more YouTube videos and purchased the Mini 2 Fly More refurb on ebay + 128GB SD and ND Filters on Amazon. Get's here on Monday. Can't wait! Let the fun begin!

Welp - did it. Watched a couple more YouTube videos and purchased the Mini 2 Fly More refurb on ebay + 128GB SD and ND Filters on Amazon. Get's here on Monday. Can't wait! Let the fun begin!
Great! anxious to hear all about your droning adventures.

Reactions: jclisham
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost