DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member - East Mesa

Caution on the Rim: Arizona's State Parks, National Parks, and Designated Wilderness Areas are all prohibited take-off/landing areas. You can fly *over* them, but not *on* them, if that makes any sense.

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas!

The MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in AZ! Be glad you got the Fly More kit--you'll appreciate those extra batts.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions.

We have over 100,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining, and thanks for your service to our country!
h
ttps://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also if you haven't done so yet consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Header ControllerVisualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Just joined. East Mesa, retired, disabled Vietnam Vet, first drone, MA2 bundle with an Amazon van full of extras on the way.
Think I need to head up to the rim soon.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Gilbert, AZ.... Enjoy!
I’m working on the Rim too.... Much is NF and should be legal flying

Thanks all.
Everything got here yesterday, except for training wheels/prop guards.
I'm not going to be able to get out until week after next so it looks like ground school for me, which is a good thing.
Luckily, I had a good habit of reading all of the manuals on new equipment at work.

Reactions: old man mavic
Awesome! yes!

I hail from Gilbert AZ as well. Studying for the Part 107 license as we speak. Want to be as legit and compliant as possible.

Where does everyone around these parts fly for a quick recreational flight? Are there local group meets?

Where does everyone around these parts fly for a quick recreational flight? Are there local group meets?

Dunno about group meets, but I fly a *lot* in the Scottsdale Greenbelt. Just watch your LAANC authorizations and your max altitude, because it varies anywhere from 0 to 400' in those parks.

But Scottsdale's *really* tolerant of flyers.

Keep in mind that KIWA (Chandler) doesn't support LAANC approvals. Yet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada