DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member From Northeast Ohio

jeffk813

Reactions
Hey all,

New member checking in from the Cleveland area (Brunswick, actually). I've been flying R/C aircraft of all sorts for over 30 years. I ran the Heligeek's blog a few years back to contribute to the R/C helicopter community, but I've since shut that down. I still enjoy flying fixed wing and rotary wing R/C stuff, and I also have been in love with rocketry since I was a lad. I'm currently president of my local NAR chapter as well.

Much to my wife's dismay, the house is full of tiny quads, and I've had a Phantom 3 Advanced for several years. I had planned on incorporating it into my photography side business, but since the FAA required licensing, I never did. Now that I passed my 107 test, I'm looking forward to being a little more free with what I can do with the drones.

My current DJI "fleet" consists of a tiny Tello, a Mavic Mini, my aforementioned P3A, and my latest addition, a nice shiny new Mavic 2 Pro.

I'd love to find others in the same local area to collaborate with and exchange tips tricks and techniques. I'm looking at getting into more commercial stuff in addition to the hobby flying and possibly throwing some things up on a YouTube channel.

Talk to y'all later!

Look in this section and you might find someone near you. Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup.

Welcome fellow Buckeye!!

It sounds like you bring a lot of experience with you and I am sure you will find many others here who do as well. I am still fairly new to Mavic Pilots but have found many people here happy to go above and beyond when help, advice, or even just discussion is needed.

Look forward to seeing you around!! Go Bucks!!

FiL

Reactions: jeffk813
Welcome !!

I'm work in Cleveland but hail from just down turnpike near Pittsburgh. Where do you fly RC, rockets and drones here?

Hi Jef, I'm in Lakewood and fly a M2P our local park is drone friendly, thankfully, get in touch some time and we can meet up, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome !!

I'm work in Cleveland but hail from just down turnpike near Pittsburgh. Where do you fly RC, rockets and drones here?
Hey Bob,

Our Rocket Club (The Mantua Township Missile Agency, NAR Section #606) flies from 2 fields, one in Aurora, and one in Alliance. Each of these are about an hour drive from me in Brunswick. Each of those fields also have an R/C Aircraft flying club associated with them, and there's another R/C field I go to in Valley City, which is about 10 minutes from me.

Hi Jef, I'm in Lakewood and fly a M2P our local park is drone friendly, thankfully, get in touch some time and we can meet up, welcome to the forum.
Which park in Lakewood? I'm intrigued since Lakewood always seemed so restrictive about things. It's cool to hear they're loosening up. My cousin lives in Lakewood across from the high school.

Which park in Lakewood? I'm intrigued since Lakewood always seemed so restrictive about things. It's cool to hear they're loosening up. My cousin lives in Lakewood across from the high school.
Ahhh sorry, there are a number of parks in Lakewood, all with their own names. There is only one Lakewood park, which is the one on the Lake and that's the one I am speaking of. I admit that I too was surprised but they have been great about the flying. You can not go further east than the park edge because you would be in the airspace for Burke.DJI_0030web.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all,

New member checking in from the Cleveland area (Brunswick, actually). I've been flying R/C aircraft of all sorts for over 30 years. I ran the Heligeek's blog a few years back to contribute to the R/C helicopter community, but I've since shut that down. I still enjoy flying fixed wing and rotary wing R/C stuff, and I also have been in love with rocketry since I was a lad. I'm currently president of my local NAR chapter as well.

Much to my wife's dismay, the house is full of tiny quads, and I've had a Phantom 3 Advanced for several years. I had planned on incorporating it into my photography side business, but since the FAA required licensing, I never did. Now that I passed my 107 test, I'm looking forward to being a little more free with what I can do with the drones.

My current DJI "fleet" consists of a tiny Tello, a Mavic Mini, my aforementioned P3A, and my latest addition, a nice shiny new Mavic 2 Pro.

I'd love to find others in the same local area to collaborate with and exchange tips tricks and techniques. I'm looking at getting into more commercial stuff in addition to the hobby flying and possibly throwing some things up on a YouTube channel.

Talk to y'all later!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Congrats on your 107 Certification, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest