DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from UAE

Uloho

Reactions
Hello family. I just got my DJI Air 2s and completed the drone registration with GCAA. I'm super excited to try out my first drone and begin my recreational photography journey.
The problem is that I live in Abu Dhabi's western region (oilfields) which is TOTALLY a "no fly zone" (I didn't know until I downloaded the GCAA drone app).

Kindly let me know some cool spots around Abu Dhabi and Al Ain where I can fly my drone without any legal consequences.
Cheers.

Uloho

Hello from the Crossroads of America Uloho.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Shouldn't the GCAA app show you where you can fly?
Yeah the GCAA app shows where to fly but it's very vague as fly zones are identified by a colour patches (as well as no fly zones)which makes it difficult to identify exact picture-perfect location. It also doesn't make that much sense to drive around in "search" of fly zones. I just hope someone would tell me exact locations to visit.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome from Miami,Florida. I had planned a visit to your city (Abu Dhabi) and Dubai last December 2021 but had to cancel because of covid restrictions. I tried for at least 6 months to get a drone permit from the GCAA. They are all worthless government workers. I finally gave up trying. I sent them all of the rerquested information on myself, my training, the drone specifications, and they still wanted to do a colonoscopy and rectal exam on me. It is virtually impossible to get a recreational permit from these people, and in fact, I have decided not to got to any UAE country because of it. I'd rather spend my tourism cash elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I feel exactly the same way, when other countries give me a hard time about flying.
I choose to go where its not impossible to get a recreational permit.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98