DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member from WA State Australia

Netorius

Reactions
G'day,

I am in Perth WA (Australia). I am new to drones and my wife just bought me a dji Mini 2 for my birthday after I was awed with a mate's Mavic 2. I have a long way to go in learning to fly and not a gamer, so cannot tell left from right and up from down. I am sure with lots of practice it will get better (I hope).

Realised that buying the DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) is critical as besides my inexperience have already been buzzed by birds, so the risks of something going wrong is high!

This looks like a great forum of straight forward people with no agendas! Looking forward to reading and learning much much more to enjoy the little drone.

Welcome to the forum mate, from sunny (for now) SA.

Mini 2, check out some of these video tutorials on YouTube, they REALLY do help you understand a little better safe first flights and learning nice and steady.

You may have noticed you don't get a manual with the DJI drones, in case you haven't found it online, it is on the DJI site here . . .

Have a fun learning curve, they really do fly very smoothly and reliably, just watch the wind, the mini has been known to be affected a little more than the larger drones.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum mate. Happy flying! ??

Greetings welcome to the forum! Fly low and slow in the begining. Have fun, but be safe. :)

G'day,

I am in Perth WA (Australia). I am new to drones and my wife just bought me a dji Mini 2 for my birthday after I was awed with a mate's Mavic 2. I have a long way to go in learning to fly and not a gamer, so cannot tell left from right and up from down. I am sure with lots of practice it will get better (I hope).

Realised that buying the DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) is critical as besides my inexperience have already been buzzed by birds, so the risks of something going wrong is high!

This looks like a great forum of straight forward people with no agendas! Looking forward to reading and learning much much more to enjoy the little drone.
You, my friend are at the right place as I have found. Might I also mention … awesome wife ?? Fly safe , Godspeed Droniac

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Yes, please read your Manuel, especially the part about understanding how the RTH feature works. If your going to use it, because the RTH is one of the most complex features of a DJI drone. Also, feminize your self with find my drone feature as well. Lot more stuff to learn, anyway have fun.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am new to drones and my wife just bought me a dji Mini 2 for my birthday after I was awed with a mate's Mavic 2. I have a long way to go in learning to fly and not a gamer, so cannot tell left from right and up from down.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

:cool: Welcome to the forum and enjoy.?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121