DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member in Tucson area.

JayTea26

Reactions
I’m about ready to purchase the Magic Air 2 Combo on Amazon and also a landing pad. I’m looking for a carry lanyard and they are on Amazon. But, they do not specifically say for Air 2, just other DJI drones. I suspect the pouch would be the wrong size for this controller?

I am wondering about the summer heat. Question: if I am hot and need to get into my car in the desert, can I still control it from inside? If signal might be a problem, I have a moon roof I can open.
Finally, is there and time and day of the week that I might see drones flying?
if not, is there is someone in Oro Valley, that could do a flyover of me?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum from the other deserts of Arizona. Enjoy.

There are those flying successfully from inside autos. My M2P manual, realize it’s different, states I shouldn’t fly at ambient temps above 104 degrees F.... so I fly is the early A.M. and let evening in the heat summer in Chandler... or travel. Bet there’s places in the Catalinas that would work fine.

Not sure what you’re looking for on Amazon. Post a link?
Flyover is for?
Pm, I’m not far away. (other side of the mountain)

Not sure what you’re looking for on Amazon. Post a link?
Flyover is for?
Pm, I’m not far away. (other side of the mountain)
Thank you but please never mind. I’m just a procrastionator, I’m just trying to find any reason no to get the Mavic Air 2. I’m stopping now and will purchase this evening. If you fly near Catalina state park, I’m the man with the funny hat! Drop down a little and maybe I’ll see you.

so did you end up buying it? I am in Tucson as well, Oro Valley. Had my Mini for a couple of weeks now, but it's been pretty windy, as you probably know :)
Still, it's all good fun.

so did you end up buying it? I am in Tucson as well, Oro Valley. Had my Mini for a couple of weeks now, but it's been pretty windy, as you probably know :)
Still, it's all good fun.

I did it.

I purchased the Mavic Air 2 on Amazon today. I purchased the combo version., A ScanDisk 256GB, card and a lightning port to connect it to my iPad and also a got a landing pad. I’ll get the good DJI service plan when it arrives. I have the B4UFLY, UAV Forecast, Air Map, and will register with FAA when I get it.

Are there any other good accessories or iPhone Apps I missed? I couldn’t find a lanyard. Only ones on Amazon do specifically say for this drone, just others, maybe controller is different?

Delivery date is the end of this month.

excellent and congrats! You'll have a lot of fun!
I can't think of any other useful apps....perhaps others can chime in

Lanyard. Local used camera shop on prince road. $5.00
Key ring from local hardware store. $.3076F3F75D-90D8-4859-9061-E1DF43D62922.jpeg

Thank you.
Any ideas on where a good place to try my first flight?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout