DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 Firmware Released (03/04/2021)

jweaver

Reactions
Who is going to be the first to test ??

• Added ability to control orientation of aircraft when flying forward during RTH.
  • Fixed rare issue: aircraft drifted during flight.
  • Fixed rare issue: gimbal vibrated when aircraft descended during RTH.
I only got my Mini2 at the weekend and have done one quick flight in the garden with the last release.. So I am not sure I have the courage to test the new firmware until the more experienced types have done their tests.!

Last edited:
Update went smooth here.
Also updated to fly app version1.3.0, clean install, then did compass and imu calibration.
Testflight was oke

Reactions: phatt-mini2
No problems with the update. Test flight went smoothly. I did the IMU and Compass calibration as well.
NOTE: Most of your settings will be reset to default values, make sure you set them to your desired values before flying!

Reactions: Donb1 and Thomas B
I started the Mini2 and loaded DJI Fly. No update requestor appeared.

I asked DJI Fly if the drone's firmware was up to date and it said yes. I asked DJI Fly if IT was up to date and it said yes.

Aircraft firmware is 01.02.0100
App version is 1.2.1

So, according to this thread, I'm behind one version in both AC and Controller app.

Should I just wait? Are these updates rolled out slowly?

@Lister I'm assuming you are on Android with your version if the fly app being 1.2.1
You will need to download the latest version of the fly app for Android direct from the DJI website. Once this has been installed the AC will auto update it's firmware

@Lister I'm assuming you are on Android with your version if the fly app being 1.2.1
You will need to download the latest version of the fly app for Android direct from the DJI website. Once this has been installed the AC will auto update it's firmware
Excellent! Thanks for that.
I am indeed on Android. My old Pixel 3.

Worked fine for me. I have not noticed any difference so far, but I only did a short test flight so perhaps things will show up later.

The app version is not the firmware version, you did the app update after that it shows you the firmware update, they are different things

Reactions: TDZHDTV
I suspect we are going to see a ton if app updates in the coming days/weeks as I bet all of the changes/fixes will for the FPV, which is bound to have glitches that need to be fixed.

So even though it probably won't affect the Mini 2, I suspect the App will get updated regularly for a few weeks...

Reactions: Audiorent and DJayI
If you go to DJI and choose the Android download, it's labeled as
"download XXXXX APK". If you click on that, Android warns you that "this file could be harmful". When I agreed, my phone told me it can't install apps from this "unknown" source. Off I go to settings, after which Fly installs.

Then, after logging in to DJI, agreeing to everything in the world and re-binding my AC and controller, I see that I have the current version of DJI Fly, but no AC firmware upgrade request.

Very opaque and complex process.

The app version is not the firmware version, you did the app update after that it shows you the firmware update, they are different things
Yes, I realize this. Updated app, followed by updated firmware and then another app update after 1.3.0 was done.

Reactions: WooZie
I guess I will it run then.
Maybe I wasn't clear. Yesterday the app told me about the 1.3.0 update, so I let it update. Today I started the app again, to update my mini2 and then the app again told me there was an update, installed it and it was 1.3.0 ..... again.

If you go to DJI and choose the Android download, it's labeled as
"download XXXXX APK". If you click on that, Android warns you that "this file could be harmful". When I agreed, my phone told me it can't install apps from this "unknown" source. Off I go to settings, after which Fly installs.

Then, after logging in to DJI, agreeing to everything in the world and re-binding my AC and controller, I see that I have the current version of DJI Fly, but no AC firmware upgrade request.

Very opaque and complex process.
This is exactly what drives people up a Wall...thank you DJI for making a pretty simple process so complex that you would think we are trying to Launch a Rocket to Mars, instead of flying a DJI Drone in the back yard. ....Ron ( I have the Mini-2 here in AZ and the M-Air-2 back home.)

As I posted yesterday, everything went well for me with the 01.02.03 update, but during today's flight I noticed that the grid overlay and bullseye on my iphone 8 plus screen was really light and washed out looking. I could hardly see them. Prior to this update, I remember that the grid was very bright and easy to see. Anyone else notice this. It's really no big deal, but I wish I knew why this happened.

This is exactly what drives people up a Wall...thank you DJI for making a pretty simple process so complex that you would think we are trying to Launch a Rocket to Mars, instead of flying a DJI Drone in the back yard. ....Ron ( I have the Mini-2 here in AZ and the M-Air-2 back home.)
No kidding. Naming the app update as an SDK file is just confusing and dumb.

In any case, after a half hour flight on the new app, it asked for an AC firmware update, which I did. No flying since then.

I hope that, as reported elsewhere, the targeting of objects on the ground (for orbits, for example) is improved with the new firmware. I was having difficulties with that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom