DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 Records in ONLY 1080p

DimWit

Reactions
My new Mini 2 with my also brand new Samsung Galaxy A52 5G phone flies well, but I cannot change my video resolution. It records in 1080p only. When clicking on the film, then video icons on the far right of the phone screen there are NO video options available (like 4K30, etc). I have the version 1.4.2 software and all firmware up to date. Is my brand new phone the problem?

Is it possible its the Mini Se Version ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain
Nope ... not the SE. It's the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo released in about Oct, 2020. I should have added that I transferred the video files from the drone's microSD card to my PC and all vids are in 1080p.

I also noticed that I don't have any RAW file options. I actually downloaded and installed the Fly app before buying the phone and the drone 3 days ago. This is my first drone, so I'll likely notice more missing stuff in the coming days. Bumma.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Both the Mini and the SE offer same resolution. Seen something like this reported...I believe it is wrong output selected if I recall correctly. Change the video to jpg?

OP see if this video helps?

Both the Mini and the SE offer same resolution. Seen something like this reported...I believe it is wrong output selected if I recall correctly. Change the video to jpg?

OP see if this video helps?

The video that you posted helps to illustrate what I'm talking about. At the 2:15 mark in the vid you see the two columns of options to the left of the orange Video icon (after the icon is pressed). When I press my Video icon I get NUTHin'.

Since the 800 nits phone was just released in the USA on April 9, 2021, I guess that I'm gonna hafta HOPE that DJI will quickly work some of their compatibility sorcery.

The video that you posted helps to illustrate what I'm talking about. At the 2:15 mark in the vid you see the two columns of options to the left of the orange Video icon (after the icon is pressed). When I press my Video icon I get NUTHin'.

Since the 800 nits phone was just released in the USA on April 9, 2021, I guess that I'm gonna hafta HOPE that DJI will quickly work some of their compatibility sorcery.
Just to be sure you are connected and flight ready? Hate to ask but many newbies try to adjust settings and they aren't even connected and powered on to the aircraft...kinda hard to change the settings if the remote isn't talking to the aircraft...I see it posted day after day...still amazes me that people are really going to try and fly these things without that simple logic. So no offense, but had to ask. :)

lol ... No offense taken. I have tried changing the video resolution when fully connected ... in flight, on the ground with props twirlin' just before takeoff, etc. Nuthin' opens up when I hit the Video Icon. And the fact that I don't have the RAW option available anywhere in the Menu area suggests to me that it's a compatibility issue. Then again ... I am a bit of a dimwit ?

lol ... No offense taken. I have tried changing the video resolution when fully connected ... in flight, on the ground with props twirlin' just before takeoff, etc. Nuthin' opens up when I hit the Video Icon. And the fact that I don't have the RAW option available anywhere in the Menu area suggests to me that it's a compatibility issue. Then again ... I am a bit of a dimwit ?
I have never seen this reported and if so a reload of software usually fixes it. Make sure both aircraft and device are both current is the only thing I can think of. You cannot download the fly App from the Android Play Store anymore and for some time. It is stuck on a older version, you must get newer Apps from DJI Site. ;)

Given what you are talking about I highly doubt a newer phone is causing this issue as you describe it, they either work or don't so far as I have seen (Not options missing).

Puzzle: So lets start with the SD Card , are you putting that into a Mac or Windows Computer.
and what card are you using ??

I have never seen this reported and if so a reload of software usually fixes it. Make sure both aircraft and device are both current is the only thing I can think of. You cannot download the fly App from the Android Play Store anymore and for some time. It is stuck on a older version, you must get newer Apps from DJI Site. ;)

Given what you are talking about I highly doubt a newer phone is causing this issue as you describe it, they either work or don't so far as I have seen (Not options missing).
I'll uninstall and reinstall the Fly app from the DJI site (as I did originally) and see what happens. I hope you're right. I'll let ya know. Thanks.

Puzzle: So lets start with the SD Card , are you putting that into a Mac or Windows Computer.
and what card are you using ??
I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB microSD, 4K UHD U3 and transferred to a Windows 10 pc via a Lexar card reader which worked flawlessly. I also have now reformatted the SD card but haven't flown with it again since then.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB microSD, 4K UHD U3 and transferred to a Windows 10 pc via a Lexar card reader which worked flawlessly. I also have now reformatted the SD card but haven't flown with it again since then.
YaHOoooOOO!!! Uninstalled and re-installed. The 3dots Menu was identical. Still no resolution or fps options when I hit the Video icon. Nor was there any option for the JPEG+RAW. But ... I discovered that DJI moved MOVED them to a new, undisclosed location from the main Menu area that I have viewed on countless YouTube videos on the subject.

Here's the SOLUTION: On the bottom right of the main flight screen ... just to the left of EV label are two new labels ... "Storage" for SD data, and "RES&FPS" showing the resolution you've set, and the fps selected. THAT's where DJI buried the options I've been looking for ... the resolution, fps and JPEG+RAW options! Touch it, and MAGIC HAPPENS. All can now be accessed with a touch on the main flight screen instead of being buried in the 3dot Menu area or under the Video icon.

EDIT: btw ... the re-install prolly wasn't necessary cuz them same labels were there all the time ... I just never touched 'em. Go figure.

I discovered it by accident (somehow touching the RES+FPS label). They don't call me Dim fer nuthin'. Thanks to all for your help. Tomorrow I SOAR!

Last edited:
YaHOoooOOO!!! Uninstalled and re-installed. The 3dots Menu was identical. Still no resolution or fps options when I hit the Video icon. Nor was there any option for the JPEG+RAW. But ... I discovered that DJI moved MOVED them to a new, undisclosed location from the main Menu area that I have viewed on countless YouTube videos on the subject.

Here's the SOLUTION: On the bottom right of the main flight screen ... just to the left of EV label are two new labels ... "Storage" for SD data, and "RES&FPS" showing the resolution you've set, and the fps selected. THAT's where DJI buried the options I've been looking for ... the resolution, fps and JPEG+RAW options! Touch it, and MAGIC HAPPENS. All can now be accessed with a touch on the main flight screen instead of being buried in the 3dot Menu area or under the Video icon.

EDIT: btw ... the re-install prolly wasn't necessary cuz them same labels were there all the time ... I just never touched 'em. Go figure.

I discovered it by accident (somehow touching the RES+FPS label). They don't call me Dim fer nuthin'. Thanks to all for your help. Tomorrow I SOAR!
I am thinking of getting the Mini 2. Is it possible to send a screen grab of the Storage>RES&FPS icon or image?

I am thinking of getting the Mini 2. Is it possible to send a screen grab of the Storage>RES&FPS icon or image?
It’s not hooked to the aircraft but it’s down in that bottom corner.

Attachments

• AFAFE4FB-0678-4B7F-8790-9A2B9B60FAE3.jpeg
    AFAFE4FB-0678-4B7F-8790-9A2B9B60FAE3.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 16
Here's a screen print ... from a screen recording ... from my very first day of flying. The "touchable" labels that produce the magic are circled in yellow. Note the altitude. Why? Cuz that's another place where the magic happens when yer there ?

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: sonnguyen512
My new Mini 2 with my also brand new Samsung Galaxy A52 5G phone flies well, but I cannot change my video resolution. It records in 1080p only. When clicking on the film, then video icons on the far right of the phone screen there are NO video options available (like 4K30, etc). I have the version 1.4.2 software and all firmware up to date. Is my brand new phone the problem?
With the new updates, DJI moved the location to the bottom right corner. There you will find where to change the resolution and frame rates. Location was just changed.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98