DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 with older firmware question, need input please.

xiarcher

Reactions
So I just upgraded from a Mini to the Mini 2. I've been reading stories on the new firmware and the issues. The question is my Mini 2 shipped with Firmware ver. 01.02.0300 for the drone and ver. 02.00.1200 for the remote. Should I NOT upgrade and wait for issues to be resolved? I've seen roll back on youtube so not sure if I should stay put for now, add the Flysafe Data base is 01.00.01.19 and that has an upgrade also. Thanks for any help that can be provided. Oh one last thing, the Mini 2 seems to get a little warmer when sitting than the Mini?

I can't advise you regarding the firmware. I think I'm up to date and don't seem to have any issues. What have you heard?

What do you mean when your Mini 2 is "sitting"?

Saw this on youtube and there are many more. lost connection, poor video feed and more. Good to here you're OK with yours. Take a look, he also video to roll back and did test showing better flights.

Have you actually tried flying it as it was supplied?
Is there some feature in the updated versions that you want?

It might be case of "if it isn't broken don't fix it".

Not yet, Just hearing lost connection issues makes me think to wait. Was asking to see if anyone had issues and /or did a roll back. First flight tomorrow and will post.

There is already a Beta version that solves these problems ... or so it seems. For work reasons I only made three flights with mini2 and the original app 1.4.8 (1120) and no problem.

I have experienced some issues with the latest firmware that I had not noticed with the previous version.

I now get random signal loss where the strength goes from 100% to zero and back to 100% again in the space of a few seconds. Also the video link now randomly freezes for a couple of seconds before catching up with itself.

I have experienced some issues with the latest firmware that I had not noticed with the previous version.

I now get random signal loss where the strength goes from 100% to zero and back to 100% again in the space of a few seconds. Also the video link now randomly freezes for a couple of seconds before catching up with itself.
version 1.4.8 (1185)
should solve your problem.

Thanks everyone, first flights today with old firmware that drone was shipped with. Last night at the beach ran into Mini2 flyer that was having issues with the new firmware, he saw a video on youtube on hoe to roll back and he is going to try that and see if it solves the issues. he has my contact info with will let me know. Pics of first flight with the mini 2. Can't seem to post video. Thanks again for the info.

Attachments

• DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
version 1.4.8 (1185)
should solve your problem.
I am already using version 1.4.8 of the Fly app.

From what I have been reading it is version 1.3.000 of the drone firmware that is causing the problems some of us are experiencing.

Thanks everyone, first flights today with old firmware that drone was shipped with. Last night at the beach ran into Mini2 flyer that was having issues with the new firmware, he saw a video on youtube on hoe to roll back and he is going to try that and see if it solves the issues. he has my contact info with will let me know. Pics of first flight with the mini 2. Can't seem to post video. Thanks again for the info.
I rolled mine back by following the information given in that video.

There has been some improvement. Flying in the same area as previously I suffered only one small signal loss episode, but that could have been a tree that came between me and the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett