DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini - NO Compatible Android Device!

raymacke

Reactions
New Mini coming tomorrow but now that the Fly app is available I find none of my Android devices will work! Are you kidding me - would have been nice to know this before. Now what?

I might be open to buying a new Android tablet to run it but have no idea which one. Can locally pick up a Samsung Tab A 8" but no idea if it will work. Any suggestions?

I'm picking mine up at Best Buy in an hour. Just looked on Google play and saw NO fly App listed??? It is out for android correct?

I'm picking mine up at Best Buy in an hour. Just looked on Google play and saw NO fly App listed??? It is out for android correct?

I had a hella of a time finding the dji fly app on the Google play store last night. I kept checking my Google play store link, but it wasn't there. It finally popped up on a Google Chrome search, and the link went to the Google play Store, and there it was. It's there, but it might not show up for some reason? Try a search, or delete and reinstall your Google play store link.

Reactions: Ds67888
FYI - DJI support gave me this link to an APK of the app - DJI Fly

I tried to load it on my Motorola G6 Play with Android 9 - won't load.

Last edited:
List of compatible devices.
94442827-516C-4618-B580-D2FAEF03F71B.jpeg
D800CE42-4DDB-4DAB-98D1-C2A6D24256CF.jpeg

Reactions: Lastrexking
I had the same Google play weird behavior. Searching DJI FlyApp didn't show the app. But the Google link I saw on a thread did show the app. Finally, asking for the apps made by DJI the FlyApp is there, and it is the same as the one you can download directly from DJI (google detects it and says INSTALLED)

Just because it's not on DJI's list doesn't mean it's not compatible. Back in the P3 days, DJI's list was a joke and an excuse DJI support often used to brush people off. A number of the devices listed had old OS's.

If your Android OS is 6.0 or above and works OK with Go, should work with Fly.

Strange, on my Motorola One Vision it seems to work fine, only problem is that video is frozen...

I used Chrome and this link that was posted in another thread

to find the app and I was able to install it on my Galaxy Note 9 yesterday and my Galaxy Tab S2 8 today. It was a little confusing for the tablet because I had to tap the Installed button, then select the tablet from a list of my devices. Once I did that and waited a little while, the app was on the tablet.

The app orientation is backwards for me because I use the Home button on the right, but I’ll have to get used to it on the left because that’s the way it has to be for the cable to fit from the controller to the tablet.

I loaded the app on my Samsung Note 8. Appears to work fine, identified my account. Will be able to test with my MM, when it arrives. Expected by FedEx on Wednesday.

Reactions: russellg
Anyone tried to use a Samsung Note 10 plus I see its not on the list yet
There have been a few reports that it does not work on the 10. Perhaps when they update the app in the future.

New Mini coming tomorrow but now that the Fly app is available I find none of my Android devices will work! Are you kidding me - would have been nice to know this before. Now what?

I might be open to buying a new Android tablet to run it but have no idea which one. Can locally pick up a Samsung Tab A 8" but no idea if it will work. Any suggestions?
64 bit only! I have installed DJI Fly by downloading the apk from DJI directly. It does install on my Nokia 2.2, 64 bit Android 9 phone. This is the cheapest phone I could find a month ago.

Fly would not install on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A, (released May 2019). This is a 32 bit Android 9 tablet, (64 bit processor & 32 bit bus), that I prefer to use. I had a similar problem installing Dronelink until I tried their 32 bit version.

Fly would also not install on my 32 bit HP Touchpad running Android 7.

Antutu is your friend if you want to know about your device.

Support confirmed the published list of supported devices is of "tested" devices. Others may work but have not been tested.

I went to the local Walmart and successfully sideloaded a Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T290NZKAXAR) with the FLY app apk. Bought one ($140) and brought it home. I was able to install the app from Google Play.

DJI Support said if it would load it should work fine. I'll find out tomorrow.

Support confirmed the published list of supported devices is of "tested" devices. Others may work but have not been tested.

I went to the local Walmart and successfully sideloaded a Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T290NZKAXAR) with the FLY app apk. Bought one ($140) and brought it home. I was able to install the app from Google Play.

DJI Support said if it would load it should work fine. I'll find out tomorrow.
Your post got me interested. Seems there are a multitude of Samsung Tab A's. Mine says "Galaxy" and does not load the apk. Pretty sure it relates to the present apk being 64 bit.

I ran Antutu and I didn't see where it called out the Bus but said the processor was 64 bit AND the Android version was also 64 bit (Android 9.0)

Couldn't find yet on Google play store, used the DJI Mavic Mini download page for download.

Installed and runs great on Note8 and Tab S4 both running Android 9.
Actually very nice on Tab s4, fills out screen completely, graphics very smooth.

On the iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad Pro (new gen) installed clean, Runs stable, but only iPhone version currently so ipad's "expanded view" has the non-fitting low resolution screen. All running 13.2

Reactions: Silverexpress
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11