DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini Owner / Pilot Hopeful

Reactions
Hello from Sunny CA. A boomer here who just got a MAVIC mini Fly More package. Very new to drones after 'grounding' a few of the little S7 helos.

My mini (call sign Blue Thunder) has yet to leave the ground. I've updated all the firmware and have been studying its Flight Manual. I got the certificate for recreational pilots and the $39 Broke My Drone package.

It's been too cold for me to venture out. The mini won't be flown inside, at least not until I get some skill so it's been limited to spinning the props from time to time.

There are no grand plans for drones and I. This is just for tooling around and getting a bird's eye view from time to time. If I get the hang of this, there will eventually be a mini 2 or mini 3 in the future. I would have started with the mini 2 but this mini Fly More kit was half the price of the 2 Fly More and the Inspire 2 was a little out of my price range. Ha!

Drone ACM isn't my goal, boys just wanna have fun and so will carry on with asking questions you veteran pilots have all heard a 1000 times before.

Welcome from Oklahoma the center of the US. "Sunny" California says warm? Too cold. Hell it was in the singles digits yesterday and a high of only 22. I few from inside looking out the patio door. The wind was 30mph yet my 2s held position very well.

Anyway. Welcome to the forum. Lot of great members here.

Good luck, have fun, enjoy and fly safe. Kudos you already got the Trust out of the way.

Hello from Sunny CA. A boomer here who just got a MAVIC mini Fly More package. Very new to drones after 'grounding' a few of the little S7 helos.

My mini (call sign Blue Thunder) has yet to leave the ground. I've updated all the firmware and have been studying its Flight Manual. I got the certificate for recreational pilots and the $39 Broke My Drone package.

It's been too cold for me to venture out. The mini won't be flown inside, at least not until I get some skill so it's been limited to spinning the props from time to time.

There are no grand plans for drones and I. This is just for tooling around and getting a bird's eye view from time to time. If I get the hang of this, there will eventually be a mini 2 or mini 3 in the future. I would have started with the mini 2 but this mini Fly More kit was half the price of the 2 Fly More and the Inspire 2 was a little out of my price range. Ha!

Drone ACM isn't my goal, boys just wanna have fun and so will carry on with asking questions you veteran pilots have all heard a 1000 times before.
Welcome from a sort-of newbie at the other end of the US. Temp is 14F with blowing and drifting snow and sunny on Peaks Island. A couple of days ago, I fly high in a wind just below the max I would like to be in. The photos I took are crystal sharp. I am just realizing that the photo stability is achieved not just by the drone position but also by optical stabilization effects by the gimbal.

Welcome from the other corner of the US, where under sunny skies the temp is 14F and the snow is blowing and drifting. I flew my Mini2 a couple of days ago on a warmer day, but one with wind just below the maximum speed I'd want to fly in. In spite of buffeting, the Mini delivered crystal-clear photos. I have come to realize that the sharp photos are not just achieved by the drone's ability to hold a position, but also by optical stabilization by the gimbal. At least I think that's what's going on. I receive many exclamations from friends when I show my sharp photos.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome.
Given that this is a Mavic Mini that has probably been in storage for a while, does anyone else think that Blue Thunder Pilot should perform an indoor hover check flight and post the DAT file for examination? (If the DAT from, at a guess, 1.5.4 is readable).
I am on a MacBook at the moment and what might be a MM 1.5 dat seems unreadable but I do not know if that is because I am using the MacBook or if the DAT is truly unreadable.

I am thinking about prop deformation from storage etc. etc.

To Blue Thunder Pilot, if you are using an earlier version of the App, as in pre 1.5.xyz, DO NOT updated it for the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome.
Given that this is a Mavic Mini that has probably been in storage for a while, does anyone else think that Blue Thunder Pilot should perform an indoor hover check flight and post the DAT file for examination? (If the DAT from, at a guess, 1.5.4 is readable).
I am on a MacBook at the moment and what might be a MM 1.5 dat seems unreadable but I do not know if that is because I am using the MacBook or if the DAT is truly unreadable.

I am thinking about prop deformation from storage etc. etc.

To Blue Thunder Pilot, if you are using an earlier version of the App, as in pre 1.5.xyz, DO NOT updated it for the moment.
It's not a good idea if you have never flown to fly inside.
But do read all the crash reports you can. Plus look at all the YouTube videos you can .
I like 51Drones beginner video.
Nice open space with nothing to run into. Welcome to forum an One hour 30mins from the center of the north American continent.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the world of Mavic mini’s. Enjoy your new toy and take your time learning how to fly it and most of all, know the rules for your area and be respectful.
Cheers from Calgary, Canada, where it is a balmy -18 degrees C. right now. This is the warmest it’s been for the last 2 weeks 🥶

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803