DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini SE - problems ?

Robin

Reactions
Ok having been away from drones for couple of years (ex phantom models - Many) and mavic etc.

Just got the mini SE.

I found the video lag terrible even at a few meters distance from me.
Loss of video 10-100 meters away. Signal came back and lost again and again but very disappointed in performance

In EU, mainly open area, some houses nearby.
iPhone 12 pro.

Anyone else experience this ?
Drone might go back as not impressed so far. (except for photos which were great)

That isn't normal. Maybe try re-pairing your drone. I can get out at least 1.5km with line of sight in a suburban area on my SE. Sure results vary, but there is clearly something wrong with your equipment.

Ok thanks, I will test again to be sure but think it might be going back

Ok thanks, I will test again to be sure but think it might be going back
What I've seen isn't as severe as what you describe, but it's similar.

My Mini-SE shows video lock-up pretty regularly whenever I fly it. It doesn't last long; just a few seconds, and then it "snaps forward".

I don't see the problem on the recorded video on the SD card. It seems to be just in the transmitted video to the phone.

The weird thing is, it didn't used to do that, until a few weeks ago.

How does the video look on your SD card?

Thx.

I am going to take it to open countryside to try again in the next couple of days.
I have a feeling it is a link problem as the video feed and signal both were very bad.
I did not get chance to try video as I was loosing feed too much.
The pictures I took were fine.

Even when it was just a few meters away it was trying to go into RTH mode through signal loss.

I am going to take it to open countryside to try again in the next couple of days.
I have a feeling it is a link problem as the video feed and signal both were very bad.
I did not get chance to try video as I was loosing feed too much.
The pictures I took were fine.

Even when it was just a few meters away it was trying to go into RTH mode through signal loss.
I generally start the video recording right before I take off. If the video that you record is clean, then that says that the camera and the recording process are fine, and the problem is with the transmission/link.

Losing signal a few meters away is very weird, and not normal. Definitely try flying in a non-urban area, and see if that helps.

ok, so went into countryside and did a 10 minute flight, all seems good. No real glitches in feed or control.

I must try my first location again as in past (though with magic & phantom) flew no problem though that was a few years ago now and much more wifi around.

Just surprised even when I was outside the perimeter of houses by 50m was getting so much breakup of signal.

Ok having been away from drones for couple of years (ex phantom models - Many) and mavic etc.

Just got the mini SE.

I found the video lag terrible even at a few meters distance from me.
Loss of video 10-100 meters away. Signal came back and lost again and again but very disappointed in performance

In EU, mainly open area, some houses nearby.
iPhone 12 pro.

Anyone else experience this ?
Drone might go back as not impressed so far. (except for photos which were great)
In my case my mini SE does pair with and fly with I pad Pro 11 but no video already update firmware but still frozen screen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest