DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MM firmware just out

scro

Reactions
I've just received a new firmware update notification via the Fly app. A few incremental improvements that are nice to have, but anyone hoping for some exciting goodies might be in for a disappointment...

Not installed or tried yet...

Now installed successfully, and tried a quick flight indoors. At least it still flies OK! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-101914.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-101914.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
Improved flight stability in some scenarios. Works for me!

I am updating it right now.

Batteries require update also, don’t forget

After updating, I ve inserted another battery and checked once more for FW updates but it displays that its up to date. I guess that means that batteries are unaffected by this FW update right?

EDIT: It prompted for battery FW update after a while... so batteries do need to be updated.

After updating, I ve inserted another battery and checked once more for FW updates but it displays that its up to date. I guess that means that batteries are unaffected by this FW update right?

EDIT: It prompted for battery FW update after a while... so batteries do need to be updated.
That’s not correct, battery in drone updated with FW, subsequent batteries promptEd update, its a bit flaky I’d check again

Yes you re right, that's why I ve edited my original post, it takes a couple of minutes after inserting another battery to prompt for the battery FW update.

Thanks for the heads up.

All updated - MM, 3 batteries and RC - using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic (just my preference).

Not had a chance to fly it yet. This afternoon/evening - hopefully!

The interesting note I see there is
  • Improved flight stability in some scenarios.
If there was anything in the firmware contributing to the uncommanded descent problem then this might be addressing that.

It's the PC software DJI provide to allow you to do firmware updates, download data and simulate things. It's mentioned at the start of the manual, with a description of how to use it in the firmware update section.

how long does it take to tell you battery needs update,its done the first update but just saying up to date when i check with 2nd battery in

The interesting note I see there is
  • Improved flight stability in some scenarios.
If there was anything in the firmware contributing to the uncommanded descent problem then this might be addressing that.
This is exactly what caught my attention reading the change log. Video settings are nice but flight stability is of paramount importance.

how long does it take to tell you battery needs update,its done the first update but just saying up to date when i check with 2nd battery in
For me it took around 2 to 4 minutes to prompt for the battery FW update.

Thanks for the heads up.

All updated - MM, 3 batteries and RC - using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic (just my preference).

Not had a chance to fly it yet. This afternoon/evening - hopefully!

Does the battery that’s in at the time of MM update get the battery update. It’s just when I put in the other 2 batteries then they updated manually, the Forest didn’t.

Also I didn’t get a RC update, how is this updated? Via when the MM updates?

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929