DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MP2 user. MP2 flight time?

OOO

Reactions
I haven't been to this forum since I sold my MP1 drone. Recently, I got an MP2 after I crashed my P4P. I've been using my MP2 for two weeks, and I think I'm going to hang out in this forum more often. These photos are from where I crashed my P4P. One thing I dislike about MP2 drone is flight time. The flight time of the MP2 seemed to be shorter than the P4P. This difference can sometimes be up to 5 min. I know that's not what the specifications say. At least that's my first observation. Am I missing something?

MP2_1.jpegMP2_2.jpegMP2_3.jpeg

Last edited:
I have never gotten 30 min flight time from my M2P. Depending on temp and winds it’s usually in the 22-26 min range. Better in cooler temps of course (70’s to low 90’s) all other factors being equal.
Where were your pics taken?

I have never gotten 30 min flight time from my M2P. Depending on temp and winds it’s usually in the 22-26 min range. Better in cooler temps of course (70’s to low 90’s) all other factors being equal.
Where were your pics taken?

This canyon (Valla Canyon) is in the Black Sea region of Turkey is one of the world's deepest canyon. When the battery level drops to 25% I usually hit the RTH button and the flight time for me is usually about 15-18 min. The flight time of my P4P under the same conditions was about 20-25 min.

I can confirm 26 minutes is what I get with some 5 to 10 mph winds on average.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Reactions: OOO
This canyon (Valla Canyon) is in the Black Sea region of Turkey is one of the world's deepest canyon. When the battery level drops to 25% I usually hit the RTH button and the flight time for me is usually about 15-18 min. The flight time of my P4P under the same conditions was about 20-25 min.

What is the percentage left on your battery, is it around 6 %

My flight times stated include flying similar mountains in AZ. What was your absolute elevation? Maybe thinner air if your height above sea level was above a couple of thousand feet. Logs would likely contain a best answer.

What is the percentage left on your battery, is it around 6 %

When the battery level reaches 25%, I usually press the RTH button and the drone usually consumes 7-8% of the battery for returning home. Therefore, when the aircraft finishes landing, the battery level is usually between 15-18%.

Reactions: charliesRig
My flight times stated include flying similar mountains in AZ. What was your absolute elevation? Maybe thinner air if your height above sea level was above a couple of thousand feet. Los woul likely contain a best answer.

The launching spot was 800 meters above sea level.

When the battery level reaches 25%, I usually press the RTH button and the drone usually consumes 7-8% of the battery for returning home. Therefore, when the aircraft finishes landing, the battery level is usually between 15-18%.

So one of things i have noticed is that on the Mavic 2 , the battery is very precise so you have plenty more battery to work with as you can keep flying 50 ft or so after almost 1% and than zero . I saw a few videos where the drone kept flying after reaching on zero on the battery, just to give you an idea . Not recommended of course I keep around 5 to 6 %

So one of things i have noticed is that on the Mavic 2 , the battery is very precise so you have plenty more battery to work with as you can keep flying 50 ft or so after almost 1% and than zero . I saw a few videos where the drone kept flying after reaching on zero on the battery, just to give you an idea . Not recommended of course I keep around 5 to 6 %

Well, that's a good news. Thanks! Can I continue flying until the battery level drops to 5% on each flight? Of course I'm talking about the battery level after the landing. Is this not harmful to the battery health in the long term?

Well, that's a good news. Thanks! Can I continue flying until the battery level drops to 5% on each flight? Of course I'm talking about the battery level after the landing. Is this not harmful to the battery health in the long term?
It’s not recommended for every flight, but every few flights it appears to be good for the battery, maybe even help a little with flight time.
I will admit it makes me nervous when battery is that low. Also, at some point before zero the bird will attempt to land where it is... can be a fight if site is inaccessible or water.

Yea once drone hits 10% it will attempt to land like thomas said but wanted to make a few things clear .... depending on how old your battery is say 100 charges (example) it could start to land at say 13 percent or even 15....this is because of battery being older. So just a heads up....also wanted to say that if your drone does ever attempt to autoland u can fight it with throttle up and right stick ...and i wouldnt advise flying past 15% at the most. Repeated flying down to 10 and 5 percent will mess the cells up. In time your battery will either swell or just under perform

Actually it may autoland way before 10% if you are quite high as it accounts for the power needed to safely get it back to ground.

And you can fly it for quite some time after 0% before it completely quits.
Just ask Billy Kyle about that. Although he was only able to "demonstrate" this once as he was over water at the time and didn't make it to land.

But when it comes to which one is more stable in the air MP2 is a clear winner. At least that's my observation.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom