DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new obstacle avoidance settings - don't get one thing

• Thread starter Deleted member 132416
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 132416

Was flying today with new versions of Fly.app and firmware .340. Quite happy! (Strange: MA2 feels slower somehow..).

I have one - maybe only understanding - issue:

In N mode I've set safety settings to BYPASS and "Disable Sideways Flight OFF" because I like to use the MA2 to full extent.
That setting stays as long I don't change the flight mode. If I switch to Tripod, do some stuff and go back to N-mode safety setting jumps to BRAKE - the new left screen symbol changes to white. Tapping it gives only choices between BRAKE or BYPASS with "Disable Sideways Flight ON"!

So one has to open up the menu and switch Sideways to OFF again. Wouldn't it be nice to have that option also with the new green symbol on a finger tap? Or it should just remember the saved settings when coming back from another flight mode... no?

What am I missing here? Is it just me?

Sounds like DJI has something to fix for the next firmware update!! ?

Disable Sideways Flight OFF is only available in normal mode

I have also notice if you start up the drone with all the safety settings turned off your sensor detection icon stays red even if you turn everything back on, so you have no idea if its working until you power cycle after turning it on.

Bernard, yes, that's true.
But my complain is that it does not remember MY settings or gives me the option to set it to my choice via a simple screen tap.

I learned today that if you switch flight modes during a RTH..The aircraft will stop and hover..Should I have known that? is it in the manual..My bad if it is. Hard to remember all this during time's of stress :rolleyes:

Unless I'm missing something, the "Disable Sideways Flight" option is not available on the Android version of the app. Can anyone tell me otherwise?

Unless I'm missing something, the "Disable Sideways Flight" option is not available on the Android version of the app. Can anyone tell me otherwise?

Yes. It's both in the menu and an icon on the left edge of the screen.

Reactions: buzz96
Does the drone have to be in the air for the option to be visible? I had mine powered up and connected to the remote, but just sitting on the floor. I couldn't find the setting for sideways flight anywhere, and I did try the icon on the left edge. Which menu should it be under? I'll try again later while in flight, in case that makes the difference.

It's available for me, Android 10 Fly app 1.1.6 and FW 0340. I believe you have to be in "Bypass" mode in order for it to be viewable.
1598048048590.png

Reactions: cien952
Switching flight modes doesn't change Flight Assistance mode for Normal. Android 10 Fly app 1.1.6 and FW 0340

Yes, I see the Obstacle Avoidance Action part - Bypass, Brake, and Off - but I don't have the toggle below those. I'll update after I check it during flight.

I learned today that if you switch flight modes during a RTH..The aircraft will stop and hover..Should I have known that? is it in the manual..My bad if it is. Hard to remember all this during time's of stress :rolleyes:
If you touch any of the controls while in rth mode it is cancelled

Reactions: hiflyer201
Can anyone explain the meaning of the changes to the 'Obstacle Avoidance Action' icon, position of the vertices and colors?

Attachments

• Icon Obstacle.JPG
    Icon Obstacle.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 15
Does the drone have to be in the air for the option to be visible? I had mine powered up and connected to the remote, but just sitting on the floor. I couldn't find the setting for sideways flight anywhere, and I did try the icon on the left edge. Which menu should it be under? I'll try again later while in flight, in case that makes the difference.
I have the same. Did it show in flight?

Sideways flight safely mode
Are you asking what is it?

The Air 2S has no side sensors. So, if you want to make certain that you don't hit something from the side you can disable sideways flight...in other words...you have to turn a direction then go and turn back to the original direction and proceed, that way you are safe since you have forward sensors.

The Air 2S has a sensor icon that displays which mode it is in. All green and all sensors are on...I think orange is off or just all black around copter icon. All green is really misleading because there are no side sensors but oh well. I have almost gotten into trouble several times on Quickshots and Mastershots when I did not estimate the distance from trees to side well.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580