DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Owner here in Florida !

MavPro72

Reactions
So introducing myself. I just bought a Mavic Pro 2 on Black Friday. Rec'd it last Thurs, took my Part 107 this morning, and passed with pardon the pun 'flying colors' !!!! yay. This will be my first time flying a drone, so i'll have a lot of questions. Sort of always liked the idea of owning a drone, but always had other priorities. So Admittedly i've not turned it on yet. Just unpacked and i said to myself, concentrate on the 107 first. Once you have that, then register it, and then start your research how to fly it.

Very excited, but it seems i have to wait 24-48 hrs before i can register the drone with the FAA, and even it seems you have to still legally wait before you're able to legally fly. I just don't know enough about it at the moment. I'm sure i'll have all the answers soon enough. Up until this morning, i was just concentrating on getting the 107 and didn't want any other distractions.

What are the best apps to get on iOS for weather, airspace class ? And how exactly does one go about getting ATC pre-approval. I'm sure there's an app. But anyway, i'm sure you've all been there. We all started somewhere right.

So introducing myself. I just bought a Mavic Pro 2 on Black Friday. Rec'd it last Thurs, took my Part 107 this morning, and passed with pardon the pun 'flying colors' !!!! yay. This will be my first time flying a drone, so i'll have a lot of questions. Sort of always liked the idea of owning a drone, but always had other priorities. So Admittedly i've not turned it on yet. Just unpacked and i said to myself, concentrate on the 107 first. Once you have that, then register it, and then start your research how to fly it.

Very excited, but it seems i have to wait 24-48 hrs before i can register the drone with the FAA, and even it seems you have to still legally wait before you're able to legally fly. I just don't know enough about it at the moment. I'm sure i'll have all the answers soon enough. Up until this morning, i was just concentrating on getting the 107 and didn't want any other distractions.

What are the best apps to get on iOS for weather, airspace class ? And how exactly does one go about getting ATC pre-approval. I'm sure there's an app. But anyway, i'm sure you've all been there. We all started somewhere right.
Congratulations on passing your Part 107 and welcome to the drone community! We're located in Fort Myers if you ever need hands-on training or any accessories for your drone, we'd be happy to help!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum! :)

how exactly does one go about getting ATC pre-approval
You can use one of these apps to get FAA approval to fly:

what are people accessorizing their drones up with?
Check out my must-haves section and other accessories at MavicHelp.com.

Welcome to the forum! :)

You can use one of these apps to get FAA approval to fly:

Check out my must-haves section and other accessories at MavicHelp.com.

Very helpful info THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!! I hope to have my first flight this weekend.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P and congrats on your certification. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada