DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New owner of a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and love it

leebroath

Reactions
Hey all,

Finally upgraded from the Mavic Air Onyx to the Pro 2 and so far been absolutely fantastic..what an upgrade!

I have a quick question which may have already been asked and I apologies

When pulling out the arms do you need to straighten out the props? I’ve seen some videos they don’t even touch them but some do.... I’m coming for a MA where the props are in one

You dont strictly need to. I make a habit of checking the props are secure and have no dents/breaks before each flight and in the process of doing that they get straightened out.

You dont strictly need to. I make a habit of checking the props are secure and have no dents/breaks before each flight and in the process of doing that they get straightened out.
... and when the motors start centrifugal force does what still needs doing as far as straightening props. I too recommend checking each one for secure attachment as part of your preflight.

Yes I have been checking pre flight every time, my first flight with the Pro was very daunting

I hovered for about 10min before flying forwards

Coming from a MA where the props are rigid, to props that bend and fold in two was rather odd :)

I make a habit of checking the props are secure and have no dents/breaks before each flight and in the process of doing that they get straightened out.
Me too. It's not possible to check them closely when folded up.

I absolutely straighten the props before takeoff as part of pre-flight check. Always tug your battery also to ensure it is fully locked into position.

I absolutely straighten the props before takeoff as part of pre-flight check. Always tug your battery also to ensure it is fully locked into position.
I think most of us do too, but final straightening is due to centrifugal force after engine startup. Just physics.

I think most of us do too, but final straightening is due to centrifugal force after engine startup. Just physics.

Yes but just looking at general wear and tear at the connection point.

Yes but just looking at general wear and tear at the connection point.
Agree entirely! Good advice... And making sure props are securely attached.
I use a multiple point pre and post flight checklist for my drones, controller, batteries, and CS.

They will straighten out once they spin. But I find if they are folded, when they first spin, the initial weight imbalance might cause the drone to move horizontally a little. So, if placed on tarmac, it might scratch the bottom on the legs. If I place my drone on my carry case, if it's just wide enough for the drone to sit, it might fall off. So, safe bet is to just straighten the props before starting the motors.

Don’t need to but you should..unfold them .

As far as damaged props you can cut pieces of them off and still fly.. check out the durability YouTube videos if you can stomach watching someone try to destroy a Mavic 2.

My friend crashed his into a house and then continued to fly long distances with cracked propellers until I finally talked him into replacing them..

I would always change mine and not fly if I saw damage but I am amazed by the durability of this drone and the spark. My friends drone does not have a scratch on it just damaged props...can’t say the same for his neighbors house lol. He took off from his deck not knowing there are metal pipes running below.

My first experience was thinking the screen was frozen because I was recording video of a park and it was so stable...

Congrats on your new drone!

My first experience was thinking the screen was frozen because I was recording video of a park and it was so stable...

Congrats on your new drone!

Funny you say that. People think I'm showing them a photo then it starts moving and they're like "Holy **** it's a video !!".

And other uses for your new drone include this:

Funny you say that. People think I'm showing them a photo then it starts moving and they're like "Holy **** it's a video !!".

And other uses for your new drone include this:

Seems like a good use but I don't think I could stand letting the drone take that abuse!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929