DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New owner of DJI Mavic Air 2

Wayne Bayer

Reactions
I am a Public Insurance Adjuster with Florida Adjusters, Inc. in Boca Raton, FL. I recently passed my exam for Part 107 and waiting for my license/certification. I am also an AMA member. I want to use my drones for roof inspections as they can be dangerous. I'm not getting any younger 61, but who is. I am afraid to really use it the way I need too. Need practice and more practice. I also have DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Not used very much either. Any helpful, not sarcastic suggestions? Appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Welcome Wayne. Be sure to read up on the latest update for the MA2 as you're going to love the newly added zoom feature for your roofing inspections!

Hi, Wayne! Welcome to our forum!

I'm an adjuster, too (inside). As a pro, your needs are different from those of hobbyists. You need to develop a high degree of piloting skill, such that your stick movements become innate--like the subtle balance adjustments you "automatically" make while riding a bike. This takes practice, practice, practice. You need to not only read, but to internalize your manual. Don't be embarrassed to use prop guards. A prop strike usually means a crash, which usually means a damaged drone. Time is money. A crash will cost you both time and money, and maybe a client as well. It may be wise to have a second drone for immediate back up.

Roof inspections can be tricky. Often they have tree branches and/or power lines which can be in your way. Wind damage and large hail strikes may be easy to spot, but small hail strikes can be difficult to document using only a drone.

Also, beware of liability claims--a neighbor of the insured can claim that you peeked in her window, and file suit against you. You'd probably win out, but defense in court can be costly.

Good luck in your new endeavor. Glad to have you with us.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum. I have over 20 years flying RC airplanes, Helicopters, Giant Scale. AMA member as well.
Flying drones is very easy today days. Do not worry. Enjoy !!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242