DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New owner of Mavic 2 pro

Reactions
Hey guys so I just ordered my Mavic 2 pro with the smart controller off the dji website a few days ago. This will be my first decent drone I have had so really low end ones that I liked flying tho. I am a fixed wing private pilot and am getting my endorsement for UA. I just wanna ask. Straight from the box. What should I watch out for while learning how to pilot it.

YouTube has a good number of Mavic 2 Pro setup videos and first flight introductions. Like you I just bought a M2P though I also have a Mavic Pro but I still went through a number of the tutorial videos for camera setup, and basic information I take for granted. Because of battery life I prefer flying the drone a significant amount of time to learn it's nuances before focusing on my terrible video cinematography!! :) I definitely fly mine line of sight, not to high (very aware of winds aloft) and not to far.. though I really want to give waypoint and POI a go sometime in the future.

You'll be amazed how easy it is to fly--much simpler than your Cessna or Piper, but still not foolproof.

If you approach flying it the same way you do your fixed-wing aircraft, you will have no problems.

You made an excellent choice in the M2P.. You will discover what a terrific camera platform it is.

Welcome to our Forum!

YouTube has a good number of Mavic 2 Pro setup videos and first flight introductions. Like you I just bought a M2P though I also have a Mavic Pro but I still went through a number of the tutorial videos for camera setup, and basic information I take for granted. Because of battery life I prefer flying the drone a significant amount of time to learn it's nuances before focusing on my terrible video cinematography!! :) I definitely fly mine line of sight, not to high (very aware of winds aloft) and not to far.. though I really want to give waypoint and POI a go sometime in the future.

This! I watched a ton of YouYube videos to get familiar with the App and what each setting does, and then how to handle the actual drone from take off to landing (this is how I learned how to take off and land by hand) and just handy tips in general. I've learned so much from YouTube from flying, to filming to editing and everything in between.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Wide open spaces, don't take it too far too quickly, watch a lot of youtube videos and read the manual! Most importantly, take it slow.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost