DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Parrot Drone

joshmentele

Reactions
Parrot will be releasing a new drone in June. Probably a Bebop 3 or possibly a new Disco. Hopefully they will include a 4K stabilized camera this time. Their Bebop 2 Power is already a good alternative to the Spark. They might be introducing a foldable drone to the market.

IT’S COMING

Would never trust Parrot after my AR drone flew away and they denied there was an issue despite it happening to hundreds of customers.

After my second bebop II dropped from the sky for no reason I gave up on Parrot. Not only that it took them 3 1/2 months to send my replacement for the first one that dropped out of the sky. In between sending my working replacement they sent me someone elses return. I opened it up expecting a new drone and found the pieces of one that someone had crashed. Their customer services is pitiful. Bebop 2 was a fairly stable drone. I loved mine.

I was gonna get the parrot bebop 2 for 400 but who couldn’t go wrong instead by buying a mavic for 660 refurbished. No offense but all the parrot drones look like toys and they are controlled via WiFi which is weak. Cheap alternative but I don’t recommend their products. I had an ar drone and the motor failed after a day. They have great customer service. They respond almost immediately.

Well, Mavic Air is wifi as well. From what I understand, the Bebop 2 Power has great range and is very stable. A friend of mine owns one and he flew it out over a mile and back without issues. The non power one didn't have that range. It actually is a very stable drone and did great video at 1080p. Their App also has a lot more features than DJI Go. Flight Plan (waypoints) can be pre programmed while not connected to the drone like Litchi and all the other features are a lot more intuitive. It's their customer service and terrible updates to the software/firmware that turned me off to them.

Here's the video from the first Bebop I had. Dropped right out of the sky. But the video quality is pretty good.

The Verge had a post this morning with more details on the new Anafi drone from Parrot. Looks like they're matching some of the Mavic Air's specs but there's no collision avoidance of any kind. I wonder what list price will be.

Parrot’s new drone folds up for on-the-go use

Price looks like it’ll be $699, and they are saying super quiet flights with 25 min flight time. Be curious to see, also not a true 3 axis gimbal, only 2 axis and the 3rd being done by software. For savings of $100, I think the Air still wins out as of now IMP

Reactions: macoman
Price looks like it’ll be $699, and they are saying super quiet flights with 25 min flight time. Be curious to see, also not a true 3 axis gimbal, only 2 axis and the 3rd being done by software. For savings of $100, I think the Air still wins out as of now IMP

I agree. I do like the ability to tilt +/- 90 degrees though. Battery life is a plus I suppose and the 21Mp camera but not all worth the price IMO.

I agree. I do like the ability to tilt +/- 90 degrees though. Battery life is a plus I suppose and the 21Mp camera but not all worth the price IMO.

What will you gain by tilting up 99 degrees besides the ski and props tho? Yeah battery life is solid, assuming it’s close to stated.

Bit off topic, but I’ve since noticed DJI have update there battery life specs, not sure when that was done, this is what’s posted for the MP. Much more accurate

•Max Flight Time:
27 minutes (no wind at a consistent 15.5 mph (25 kph))
•Max Hovering Time:
24 minutes (no wind)
•Overall Flight Time:
21 minutes ( In normal flight, 15% remaining battery level )

I had the Bebop 2... it was an OK beginner drone. I think for the extra $100 id rather have the Air, with all the accessories and support for DJI out there... why go Parrot?

I think being able to shoot upwards is a game changer for me...you need to think a bit more creatively to realise the sorts of images you will be able to get with this feature, there's a lot more than clouds to shoot!. And the camera sounds like a big improvement over the Mavic. Time will tell if its as good as it sounds........

Reactions: DTC709
Agreed, I will check in a deep review in yt before I can take seriously this drone.

The Bebop 2 FPV is now $299 at the parrot website. A pretty good deal if you ask me.

I think it is nice that the Anafi has that 3X optical zoom feature. I wish the Mavic had a capability like that.

Reactions: jkelly and Jake 61
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie