DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot, Anybody care to help me get started? DJI's customer support is not much help...

solarparis

Reactions
Hey everyone, I'm a new Mavic Pro owner. I ordered my drone 2 months ago but the first one was defective and I went through weeks of customer support before they deemed it defective and told me to send it back. I now have one that is working and still cant get it off the ground yet. I do Live in a NFZ so, I emailed them for permission to fly 30 up and 30 out but they said they need a specific flight location (gave them my address)? Even in a non NFZ it wont matter because the device will not let me calibrate.. the DJI Assistant 2 App keeps saying I have to reboot the Drone, I do, it says it again. As far as Firmware goes, It has updated the same firmware 3 times so far. (2 were the same version)

Any help with this would be appreciated ad I REALLY want to get it off the ground but right now (no thanks to hours and hours on the phone with DJI) its just a very expensive paper weight setting on my desk.

Thanks so much,

Josh

Welcome to the Mavic Pilots Forum. Sorry you are having problems and we can understand your frustrations. Have you tried to do a factory reset in the Assistant 2 app? Which calibration is it not allowing you to accomplish, compass, IMU, visual sensors?

I wouldnt worrie about the firmware until you can get through the calibration processes. IF your still having problems there are a LOT of great YOUTUBE videos that may help. Good luck and remember most mavic pro accidents are going backwards into a tree or something. That was My first within 5 min.

After you get calibrated and are ready to fly:

Make sure when you take her up the first couple of times there is a lot of clearance around you i.e. trees, bushes, power lines, etc. I suggest an open field. Give yourself room for mistakes.. Keep it in beginner mode for the first few flights until you get the hang of it, pay attention to all the warnings, i.e. air space, gimbal issues, obstacles etc.. Also make sure your "return to home altitude" is high enough to clear trees, towers and those sort of things.

Other than that fly safe and have fun. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Mavic Pilots Forum. Sorry you are having problems and we can understand your frustrations. Have you tried to do a factory reset in the Assistant 2 app? Which calibration is it not allowing you to accomplish, compass, IMU, visual sensors?
Hello, thanks for all of the responses. I have done a factory rest with DJI. The Visual Sensors are the ones with the error telling me to calibrate it. The app tells me to plug it into the computer and calibrate, but when I start the calibration process when it tells you to move the drone in a square pattern pointed at the screen, as soon as I pick it up, it gives me an error code that says reboot the drone.

As far as the Firmware, I have not updated because I want to, the App is telling me that is the issue and that it can not be flown until updated (that is also the first thing they go to when you call support).

Thanks for all the advice from everyone. I really appreciate it. I have watched about 15 hours of Youtube before I got it, and have searched for a good setup video, I cant seem to find an extensive one. Most videos seem to be the same thing just a different person. They say, set up the App, turn on the drone, calibrate, Fly; they dont cover ... Now if your app has an error message that says "this" try "this". Any suggestions?

Hey everyone, I'm a new Mavic Pro owner. I ordered my drone 2 months ago but the first one was defective and I went through weeks of customer support before they deemed it defective and told me to send it back. I now have one that is working and still cant get it off the ground yet. I do Live in a NFZ so, I emailed them for permission to fly 30 up and 30 out but they said they need a specific flight location (gave them my address)? Even in a non NFZ it wont matter because the device will not let me calibrate.. the DJI Assistant 2 App keeps saying I have to reboot the Drone, I do, it says it again. As far as Firmware goes, It has updated the same firmware 3 times so far. (2 were the same version)

Any help with this would be appreciated ad I REALLY want to get it off the ground but right now (no thanks to hours and hours on the phone with DJI) its just a very expensive paper weight setting on my desk.

Thanks so much,

Josh
Welcome to the forum

Hello, thanks for all of the responses. I have done a factory rest with DJI. The Visual Sensors are the ones with the error telling me to calibrate it. The app tells me to plug it into the computer and calibrate, but when I start the calibration process when it tells you to move the drone in a square pattern pointed at the screen, as soon as I pick it up, it gives me an error code that says reboot the drone.

As far as the Firmware, I have not updated because I want to, the App is telling me that is the issue and that it can not be flown until updated (that is also the first thing they go to when you call support).

Thanks for all the advice from everyone. I really appreciate it. I have watched about 15 hours of Youtube before I got it, and have searched for a good setup video, I cant seem to find an extensive one. Most videos seem to be the same thing just a different person. They say, set up the App, turn on the drone, calibrate, Fly; they dont cover ... Now if your app has an error message that says "this" try "this". Any suggestions?
If the Visual Sensor cal is failing the way you say, it smacks of a FW problem; however, you’ve done a FW reset? Do you mean they talked you through re-installing the FW? If that’s the case, I’d say you’ve got a dud! Contact DJI again (did you raise a support ticket) because I think you’re getting to the point of returning it under the warranty!

I do not understand your statement I highlighted in red. You have done the factory reset but not updated the firmware?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb