DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot Check In (West of Sydney, Australia) & Reaction to DJI Customer Service

petedffy

Reactions
Diary of a New Pilot -

Friday 29th May - Bought the DJI Mavic Mini. Flew it in very large open fields and did not lose sight of it. What a thrill to fly.

Wednesday 3rd June - Flew it again in the same field. fantastic, I' getting the hang of this.

Saturday 6th June - Same field. Flew my Mavic Backwards into a Tree Branch 20 mtrs above concrete. Mavic met Floor resulting in the attached damage. I was and still am gutted. I Submitted a case to DJI for the repairs as I did not have DJI Care.
Monday 7th June (Bank Holiday) - received a shipping label from DJI via e-mail with tracking #
Tuesday 9th June - Posted Mavic to DJI for repairs (Sydney to Melbourne)
Monday 15th June - E-mail from DJI confirming they had received the Mini.
Tuesday 16th June - E-mail confirming they were investigating the drone. 1 hour later received a Quote for repairs. (replacement Gimbal Axis Arm Module + Service Fee) = $123.00. I paid via PayPal immediately.
As soon as I paid. Got confirmation that repairs are underway.
This Ladies and Gentlemen this why we paid a little extra to buy a DJI product. I am overwhelmed by the Customer Service and speed of which this whole process has been dealt with by DJI. As soon as I get my Drone back I will be buying DJI Carefresh for sure.

But, just incase you ever have to send your beloved back for repairs. Know that you will be dealing with a very Professional and Customer focused company. Bravo DJI, Bravo. I think you have a Customer for Life in me.
Now, just got to make sure I keep myself entertained whilst waiting for the return......

Thank you DJI, Thank you.

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 26
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 26
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Diary of a New Pilot -

But, just incase you ever have to send your beloved back for repairs. Know that you will be dealing with a very Professional and Customer focused company. Bravo DJI, Bravo. I think you have a Customer for Life in me.
Now, just got to make sure I keep myself entertained whilst waiting for the return......

That’s good to hear and encouraging to know if I need to use DJI repair service in future.

I’m also from Sydney (Northwest) but currently stuck in my old home of England thanks to Covid-19 pandemic and Qantas cancelling my flight home. Glad I brought my M2P with me though and worth the $18 to register with the CAA for the following weeks/months until Mr Joyce helps us get home.

That’s good to hear and encouraging to know if I need to use DJI repair service in future.

I’m also from Sydney (Northwest) but currently stuck in my old home of England thanks to Covid-19 pandemic and Qantas cancelling my flight home. Glad I brought my M2P with me though and worth the $18 to register with the CAA for the following weeks/months until Mr Joyce helps us get home.
Sorry for your situation. I'm from UK too. loving life down here though. Any idea when you can return?

Sorry for your situation. I'm from UK too. loving life down here though. Any idea when you can return?

Waiting on an announcement from Qantas at the end of July but Scomo is suggesting international borders won’t be lifted until next year. Hopefully as citizens we should be back before Christmas. Communication from Qantas has been nonexistent. They promised a follow-up email after cancelling our flight but 2-months later we chased and was told, “oh, no you would never receive further notifications as you have already commenced your flight(s)”. Basically if you have done the outbound leg you’re on your own. Appalling customer Service Qantas!

What really stands out, they know exactly who have flown where, they have our contact details, FF number... But they’re happy to just keep your money as credit and make it very, very difficult to contact them.

Still the weather has been good for a while!

Bravo DJI, Bravo. I think you have a Customer for Life in me.

Well said, Pete! Keep us posted and let us know the "rest of the story." We can all learn from each other's experiences and you seem to be documenting your experience very well. I look forward to hearing if you are as happy at the end of this story as you are right now. I truly hope you are. Happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus