DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot Checking in from Ottawa, CA

Anneegy

Reactions
Hi everyone. I just bought my MM last week thinking I could use a new hobby despite not having any experience flying a drone. But after doing some reading on the rules & regulations, I'm not sure if I can fly my drone anymore. Feeling demotivated right now. Any advice?

Hi everyone. I just bought my MM last week thinking I could use a new hobby despite not having any experience flying a drone. But after doing some reading on the rules & regulations, I'm not sure if I can fly my drone anymore. Feeling demotivated right now. Any advice?
Welcome to the forum. You can fly the MM without problem as long as you follow the regulations. Basically, keep the drone in the line of sight, do not fly over 400 ft. The altitude varies depending on the zone. Can be 150 if you are near an airport etc.. Do not be afraid and enjoy you Mini.

Welcome to the forum. In the Transport Canada UAV regulations the benefit of the Mavic Mini (<250 grams) is that it's classified as a micro UAV and no license is required. See the info at the bottom of the attached photo Basically in Canada the only restriction is "Don't be Stupid". Don't fly to endanger aircraft or people. See Don Joyce's great video on sub 250g in Canada.

Hope this helps. Fly safe and enjoy your MM.

Attachments

• canada-drone-licenses_LI.jpg
    canada-drone-licenses_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to the forum. I also enjoy flying a MM. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

But after doing some reading on the rules & regulations, I'm not sure if I can fly my drone anymore
Which rules and regulations are you referring to?

Welcome and no worries... just get out and have fun with your mm... the authorities have bigger fish to catch... just use common sense and try to stay warm up there [emoji41]

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR