DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot checking in from Portland, OR

zero2018

Reactions
Hey everyone! Obviously I'm from Portland, OR. I'm new to the forums, old to flying. I say old because I am fairly confident in my flying ability and no longer have an anxiety attack each time I fly :p
I definitely have some stuff to showcase and can't wait to see what you guys have to show.

If there is anyone from the area, feel free to hit me up, I'd love to fly with other pilots!

I currently have the Mavic Pro 2 and I with my drone stuff, I do all sorts of things with my drone!

Hey everyone! Obviously I'm from Portland, OR. I'm new to the forums, old to flying. I say old because I am fairly confident in my flying ability and no longer have an anxiety attack each time I fly :p
I definitely have some stuff to showcase and can't wait to see what you guys have to show.

If there is anyone from the area, feel free to hit me up, I'd love to fly with other pilots!

I currently have the Mavic Pro 2 and I with my drone stuff, I do all sorts of things with my drone!

Where do you like to fly? There a huge dead zone which is most of East Portland thanks to PDX. Luckily I'm on the west side and there are more open spaces.

There's an airport near my house that pop up a warning if I wan't to fly from my backyard. Just to be safe I drove by where it said the airport was and it's a guy's house with a big strip of grass...

I'm less concerned now.

I always stay below 400 AGL anyways.

Where do you like to fly? There a huge dead zone which is most of East Portland thanks to PDX. Luckily I'm on the west side and there are more open spaces.

There's an airport near my house that pop up a warning if I wan't to fly from my backyard. Just to be safe I drove by where it said the airport was and it's a guy's house with a big strip of grass...

I'm less concerned now.

I always stay below 400 AGL anyways.
Oh yeah there's definitely a bunch of those patch grass airports around PDX. I generally fly in the Gorge, but if I'm flying in Portland, I'll flow around downtown Portland. Nice to see another person from Portland!

Oh yeah there's definitely a bunch of those patch grass airports around PDX. I generally fly in the Gorge, but if I'm flying in Portland, I'll flow around downtown Portland. Nice to see another person from Portland!

I never flew around downtown, I wouldn't trust my MA1 with it's WiFi connection down there.

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about you Pro!

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and we welcome your experience. We look forward to your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

I never flew around downtown, I wouldn't trust my MA1 with it's WiFi connection down there.
I've flown at Waterfront Park. Class G. Fly right over the Willamette River. Excellent shots over marinas and of downtown and of bridges. Just have to watch for people on the promenade.

Done a lot of flying all over the north Oregon Coast. Lighthouses, beaches, rugged terrain. Plenty of options to shoot.

Enjoy!

Welcome, safe flying......looking forward to seeing some of your footage.

Welcome to our Forum!!
I'm a Wilson High grad (Go Trojans!). LOVE Portland. Great scenery, friendly people. Good food, coffee, and beer. When I get back up there, I'd like to look you guys up and do some flying!!! Would love to fly the Willamette River, those great bridges (St. John's is my favorite), and downtown (we'll save the beer for AFTER flying).

Welcome to our Forum!!
I'm a Wilson High grad (Go Trojans!). LOVE Portland. Great scenery, friendly people. Good food, coffee, and beer. When I get back up there, I'd like to look you guys up and do some flying!!! Would love to fly the Willamette River, those great bridges (St. John's is my favorite), and downtown (we'll save the beer for AFTER flying).
Yeah man! Those are great places! Definitely hit me up and we can go flying sometime!

I've flown at Waterfront Park. Class G. Fly right over the Willamette River. Excellent shots over marinas and of downtown and of bridges. Just have to watch for people on the promenade.

Done a lot of flying all over the north Oregon Coast. Lighthouses, beaches, rugged terrain. Plenty of options to shoot.

Enjoy!
Yes, we are lucky to have to so many things to shoot that are so relatively close to Portland. Hopefully I'll see you around!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143