DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW PILOT - FIRST DRONE REEL

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and more of your view of the world.
I am over here in Sandy Springs, and recognize much in the video from our surroundings, except, of course, the ocean view :). Well done .We look for more of your photo views. Thanks for sharing.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Congratulations on passing your Part 107.

Last edited:
I just passed the FAA Part 107 exam, got my temporary certificate,
Congratulations, I passed my 107 last October and it was the Christmas/New Years' week before the license arrived... I'm guessing you might have missed a few questions on flying over people and vehicles…

However, the content of your video and choice of music was great, you are well on your way, I would suggest you come up with something more catching than "Joe Drone" for the YouTube Videos and put your Logo into the Avatar rather than the stock "E"

Additionally, your Signature Block for Mavic Pilot can be updated…

Also, add a "Back" button on the various pages on your web page…

Once again, Congrats and Good Luck!

Last edited:
"Additionally, your Signature Block for Mavic Pilot can be updated…"
YES!!

Funny about the music, all my devices mobile and computers, are 90 percent of the time are muted.

Rod

Welcome back to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Congrats on your 107!!;)

I'll re-address that on the video.
The FAA has some very ambiguous (perhaps "nebulous" is a better term…) rules about flying over open assemblies of people, I am not saying that you violated anything, but you need to be sure what you can and cannot do, You are going commercial and your flights (photos and videos) will be seen by more and more and hopefully your reputation will be spread by word of mouth and you want it all good…

open.jpg

Couple things to note: Try to keep your 4K footage but post your 2K footage and not 1080 as 2K is a real nice sweets spot on the wide screens that many have now. Start to add some sounds to add too your environment when possible as well as some zoom shots to keep it interesting.

You had some amazing cinematic shots , but its good to show off the quality of drone my getting some B footage for longer videos.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas
Loved your first vid. My faves were the night shots--the traffic, and the train crossing the bridge. In the future you might try moving more slowly, and make your clips a bit longer. I've attached a few links below which might help you advance more quickly in piloting and cinematography skills.

Keep up the good work. We all look forward to seeing your future videos!

Thanks for joining us!
Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

OMG, that was great, I turned on the sound this time, that is good also. The night stuff is cool. I can't imagine how you get the correct light level contrast etc. I wouldn't be able to that with a still camera on the ground.

I do litchi missions a lot when a start looking at stuff I did in the past, the flying backwards. I really don't know why it looks so cool.

Rod ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121