DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Brooklyn, NY ➤➤➤

Bahnfiya

Reactions
Greetings to the community. I have been loving the threads so far and hope to actively participate when I can.

As my location implies, I don't have a ton of "open" space to fly - I'm aware of the site U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly and the 5 mile airport radius but curious if anyone has recommendations within an hour drive where I can learn to fly my new MP2? I have access to a car…

Also, anyone from Brooklyn/NYC want to connect or know of some additional local resources?

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Do a search on YouTube. There are groups and individuals who fly within the 5 boroughs and post some beautiful videos. Brooklyn, Queens, Rockaway Beach , etc

Greetings to the community. I have been loving the threads so far and hope to actively participate when I can.

As my location implies, I don't have a ton of "open" space to fly - I'm aware of the site U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly and the 5 mile airport radius but curious if anyone has recommendations within an hour drive where I can learn to fly my new MP2? I have access to a car…

Also, anyone from Brooklyn/NYC want to connect or know of some additional local resources?

If you want to get out of the city (which I recommend, as the NYPD is very drone hostile), Metro North can take you to some pretty nice flying spots north of the city, along the Hudson. Just double check that the specific spot is clear on AirMap, etc before you fly.

Reactions: Former Member

Unfortunately I've investigated those and almost all of them are limited to members of local model aircraft clubs. (which requires applying and paying high dues)

One park model aircraft area listed that doesn't have a club is a small section of Forest Park in Queens. However it is a very tiny circle that is surrounded by 50' tall trees and is not a very fun place to fly. You can't really move laterally without losing line of sight of your drone due to the tree situation. I think that site dates back to the old days of wire controlled model airplanes, where the pilot would stand in the center and fly their aircraft in circles around themselves.

Here's a map link to that site if you are curious:
Google Maps

Reactions: Bahnfiya
Ahhhhh Brooklyn how I miss my old home town. As someone suggested the Metro North can take you to some great spots. I took some nice drone shots at the Kensico Dam until the "DAM" cops came and explained that I'm not allowed to be on the Dam with a drone. They were real cool about it and told me I CAN launch from the parking area and fly over and around the DAM but I just can't fly from the top of the Dam.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242