DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot - in Las Vegas, Nevada

Bob Dempsey

Reactions
Hi I got a Mini about 2 months ago - I am hopelessly addicted to flying this drone. Las Vegas is very covered in restricted air space but I'm enjoying getting 20 - 30 miles outside of the city and "Learning to Fly" - I've been addicted to Technology for many many years. A graphic designer for past 40 years - Video for past 20 years - Editing in FCPX for past 10 years. Would love to find more people to go out a "drone" with here in southern Nevada.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of helpful advice and support here on the forum. We look forward to seeing part of your world.

Hi Bob. Funny we just both posted within a few minutes of each other. I'm also a brand new pilot from Las Vegas. I flew my Mavic Mini for the very first time this morning. I will be using my drone in a lot in places outside of town also. I've been hiking and camping all over the Southwest all my life and look forward to taking my MM with me everywhere I go in the future.

Hi Bob. Funny we just both posted within a few minutes of each other. I'm also a brand new pilot from Las Vegas. I flew my Mavic Mini for the very first time this morning. I will be using my drone in a lot in places outside of town also. I've been hiking and camping all over the Southwest all my life and look forward to taking my MM with me everywhere I go in the future.
Lets Connect -- I'm an Old guy - but having a great time - I've been in Las Vegas for 46 years my cell **********
my Mini is in the shop but I hope to have it back soon. I can tell you where I've been - I just posted a link from the road to Sandy Valley

Bob Dempsey - whats your name?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets Connect -- I'm an Old guy - but having a great time - I've been in Las Vegas for 46 years my cell 702-497-4971
my Mini is in the shop but I hope to have it back soon. I can tell you where I've been - I just posted a link from the road to Sandy Valley

Bob Dempsey - whats your name?
Name is Karl. It would be fun to go fly with people who enjoy the hobby. I have about a million places I want to fly around here. Been in town 40 years myself. I'm an avid hiker and outdoorsman whos been on top of just about every mountain you can see as you look around the valley. As I get older I find myself not wanting to climb as much as I used to! Haha. Nowadays I prefer a cold beer around a campfire. I'll shoot you a text with my contact info.

Welcome to the forums guys. I deleted you phone # as it is not wise to post personal info in a forum and per our guidelines. Send it in a message to whoever if you like.
Enjoy the site and be safe. ??

Hi I got a Mini about 2 months ago - I am hopelessly addicted to flying this drone. Las Vegas is very covered in restricted air space but I'm enjoying getting 20 - 30 miles outside of the city and "Learning to Fly" - I've been addicted to Technology for many many years. A graphic designer for past 40 years - Video for past 20 years - Editing in FCPX for past 10 years. Would love to find more people to go out a "drone" with here in southern Nevada.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Red rock would be amazing to fly. I will however do some good research before trying it. It is a National Conservation Area. That video above is actually Calico Basin just to the East of Redrock Canyon. I have summited almost all of the peaks you can see in that short video clip and hiked in and around these mountains for 40 years. We also have a state park nearby called Valley of Fire. It is almost more spectacular than Redrock Canyon. Again, unsure if its OK to fly. But in both cases I know of spots just outside the park boundaries that offer some amazing scenery. The area around Las Vegas is a treasure trove of great desert scenery.

Red rock would be amazing to fly. I will however do some good research before trying it. It is a National Conservation Area. That video above is actually Calico Basin just to the East of Redrock Canyon. I have summited almost all of the peaks you can see in that short video clip and hiked in and around these mountains for 40 years. We also have a state park nearby called Valley of Fire. It is almost more spectacular than Redrock Canyon. Again, unsure if its OK to fly. But in both cases I know of spots just outside the park boundaries that offer some amazing scenery. The area around Las Vegas is a treasure trove of great desert scenery.
Rode motorcycles through Valley of Fire State Park in 2019 ( Australians on tour), Absolutely spectacular & one of the best roads I've ever ridden!! The Canyons & Mountains in your part of the world are amazing. Enjoy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3