DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot - New Mavic - New Experience

dasa

Reactions
HI Folks,

Its been my long time dream to fly a drone., and take some third eye photography.
It has come true recently. Yes. I got my Mavic last week.
Please help me out with the questions i got in my mind.
I'm living in Tampa, Florida.
1) How to make sure the place where i can fly with out any legal issues.
(I have gone through B4UFly interactive map, and all those yellow circles shown. And Confused. And i know the height limit is 400 ft the max)

2) How to find a park where Drone flying is not a problem.?

3) How to shoot the video's without jerk, and good gimble control?

got more questions... but later :)

Regards
Dasa

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

I am not sure of where you live (you can add this info to your profile if you like), but find an open area, sometimes parks work well for this, just check the rules for the park before you fly. I use a local park and also some close by DEC land. I choose not to fly from my home as I live in a neigborhood with lots of homes close by.

The gimbal will keep things steady and you will get better on the sticks the more you fly resulting in smooth footage. Be safe and start in the beginner mode till you get the hang of it. There is a locations section of the forum... maybe there are other members nearby who would help get you started - Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170418/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.6.pdf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike