DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot on board

sp0nge

Reactions
Hello to all. Just got a Pro. Super nervous about flying it. Been flying a holystone racer. No videos or pics with it due to it being a pain to do so. Finally got the ok to step up to the big boy drones but like I said really nervous about flying it. I guess I have register it with FAA still. And I still haven’t done the firmware upgrades. Also need to cal berate the drone. Any help is much appreciated.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Only register on the actual FAA website - FAADroneZone

Reactions: sp0nge
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Hello to all. Just got a Pro. Super nervous about flying it. Been flying a holystone racer. No videos or pics with it due to it being a pain to do so. Finally got the ok to step up to the big boy drones but like I said really nervous about flying it. I guess I have register it with FAA still. And I still haven’t done the firmware upgrades. Also need to cal berate the drone. Any help is much appreciated.
Howdy from Wyoming @sp0nge , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I guess I have register it with FAA still.
You can register with the FAA for $5 on their website here.

need to cal berate the drone
Out of the box, you shouldn't need to calibrate anything. If you'd like to do so anyhow, you can find instructions for all of the calibrations here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

You can register with the FAA for $5 on their website here.

Out of the box, you shouldn't need to calibrate anything. If you'd like to do so anyhow, you can find instructions for all of the calibrations here.

Definitely appreciate the help. Will update my status as soon as I do my first flight. Looks like the winds will allow it today here in Florida

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi and Welcome! I suggest you take it to a wide-open area, confirm your return to home settings, and just fly around. Keep it close and don't even look at your display device. This will teach you stick control and flight characteristics (responsiveness, stopping distances, etc). Once you feel good about flying then mess with the app / camera settings / flying modes / etc. It can be a little overwhelming trying do it all the first time out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut