DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW Polar Pro rc mount

not only just ordered one, but pushed the button on a 7.85 CS as well on the basis of this. definite game changer, it's the one mounting solution I have seen so far that doesn't suck. I was planning to do the mod with the P4 mount on the original mount, but this is better.

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
not only just ordered one, but pushed the button on a 7.85 CS as well on the basis of this. definite game changer, it's the one mounting solution I have seen so far that doesn't suck. I was planning to do the mod with the P4 mount on the original mount, but this is better.

Please post up some pics of ye CS with the FlightDeck mount too see how it turns out....!IMG_4079.JPGIMG_4087.JPGlet me know how you like ur CS... which monitor did u get? i have the UltraBrite model...i updated all the software/firmware versions to
latest but im experiencing DGIGO4 app crashes with my M2Pro...heres a pic of mine with the 5in1 charger & CS to Mavic charger adaptor...

it's about 12,500km away at the moment... maybe in a couple of weeks. I got the standard 7.85, it's more than enough for what I need, and I really want to be able to do HDMI out to a set of VR goggles with it anyway.

[edit]

picked up my Fatshark HDOs and a cable today, all tested and working fine. might try a flight tomorrow with the CS in my lap if the wind buggers off a bit, it's gusting to 56km/h here at the moment. :(

Last edited:
Here's a link to a new product release by PolarPro just saw it on the web... FlightDeck Universal MountView attachment 56831

I tried this but it fell apart and I had to return it , after trying yet another mount I found 2 simple mounts for $ 6 . These enable you to use the DJI mount with the Mavic 2 controller. Simple well made and works perfect. The ease of quick release cannot be replicated by other mounts. Check out my other post

really, a solid metal amount fell apart? for a product that's only been available for sale for a few days before this thread was started, according to the datestamping on the product website?

and remarkably, you're able to suggest other cheap crappy "solutions" that people should buy, despite the fact that they don't do the same thing at all?

shill detected.

Actually I am in Singapore , I bought it from PolarPro stockiest in Oct 2018. The one I bought had the same base and had to use a cable between the Crystalsky and the controller.The piece that failed was the brass Nirled screw. When I tightened the screw to lock the position all good. Then when I unscrewed the brass end came off without Un tightening the bracket. That was the problem ! When speaking with PolarPro they said no worries just return , which I did . Great customer service but disappointed that it failed especially since I rate Polarpro. BTW no need to be rude. The forum is about Sharing ideas and experiences. As for the cheap mounts, well I am amazed no one has come up with these before. They work, Period!

Reactions: CarlStarke
Actually I am in Singapore , I bought it from PolarPro stockiest in Oct 2018. The one I bought had the same base and had to use a cable between the Crystalsky and the controller.The piece that failed was the brass Nirled screw. When I tightened the screw to lock the position all good. Then when I unscrewed the brass end came off without Un tightening the bracket. That was the problem ! When speaking with PolarPro they said no worries just return , which I did . Great customer service but disappointed that it failed especially since I rate Polarpro. BTW no need to be rude. The forum is about Sharing ideas and experiences. As for the cheap mounts, well I am amazed no one has come up with these before. They work, Period!

BTW this
24df8b3c18c59a065c17856bf3574bbb.jpg
c89b6c14c74fc115b74cd904e3b1f8b4.jpg
is my Crystalsky mounted to a Mavic 2 controller, just used it now and works perfectly

Actually I am in Singapore , I bought it from PolarPro stockiest in Oct 2018.

really, about 2 months before they hit the market?

The one I bought had the same base and had to use a cable between the Crystalsky and the controller.

how else did you think a mount that places the tablet ABOVE the RC is going to communicate with it? the force?

The piece that failed was the brass Nirled screw. When I tightened the screw to lock the position all good. Then when I unscrewed the brass end came off without Un tightening the bracket

assuming that's true, the failure of a screw is hardly a "fell apart" outcome.

As for the cheap mounts, well I am amazed no one has come up with these before. They work, Period!

they're all over ebay and everywhere else in the world. the aren't in the slightest a substitute, because they place the table in utterly the wrong position.

nope, shill. the world will be a better place with you blocked, which you are.

Ok, difference on how one describes "Fell Apart" anyway my point was to share that the $6 mounts together with the original DJI Crystalsky bracket mounts my crystalsky in exactly the same position as when I used it with my previous Mavic Pro controller. Anyway, Have a great day and safe flying.

Last edited:

hello.... im confused! are you reffering to the new FlightDeck mount, that PolarPro just released? do you have pics to support your negative claim...?

Here's a link to a new product release by PolarPro just saw it on the web... FlightDeck Universal MountView attachment 56831
Best mount I found was a combination of the CrystalSky mount and Polar Pro Mount. See link:
A bit more expensive to buy both, but the convenience of the quick release of the CrystalSky from the Polar Pro mount is worth it IMO.

Best mount I found was a combination of the CrystalSky mount and Polar Pro Mount. See link:
A bit more expensive to buy both, but the convenience of the quick release of the CrystalSky from the Polar Pro mount is worth it IMO.
Yes I agree but the only problem is with that mount it doesn't fit securely all the way into the remote control you have to shave off the tabs on the left and right side in order for it to lock into the controller something similar to the mavmount 3.0 but check out Skeye's DIY quick release posting; DIY Quick release mounting on standard Mavic RC
DIY Quick release mounting on standard Mavic RC

Last edited:
Best mount I found was a combination of the CrystalSky mount and Polar Pro Mount.

I was actually planning to do exactly that based on that video, was heading out to buy the parts along with my CS the nest day. I was planning to drill a hole from underneath and tap a second screw into the DJI mount base just in front of the normal rear lateral mounting.

the QD mount is nice but what attracted me to the Flightdeck mount over this one is the fixed cable... if you frag it, you're buying a new mount. also, it looks like there is a little more thumb clearance underneath the CS with the Flightdeck, going off some photos gathered from another thread here.

either way, mine is in-country so hopefully here in another couple of days.

what would really be cool is if the Mamount had QD capability. I have a Mavmount CS base coming too to see what I can come up with.

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Can you post the pictures from the other thread you just mentioned it that's what I'm searching for someone to post pictures up of the new flight deck mount with their crystal sky,I'm debating whether I should get the flight deck mount or do this mod because of the dji/cs quick release bracket, but I believe you have to shave the left and right tabs in order for it to lock flush against the remote

Yes I agree but the only problem is with that mount it doesn't fit securely all the way into the remote control you have to shave off the tabs on the left and right side in order for it to lock into the controller something similar to the mavmount 3.0 but check out Skeye's DIY quick release posting; DIY Quick release mounting on standard Mavic RC
DIY Quick release mounting on standard Mavic RC
Hmmm...I didn't have to shave anything off. It fit in my Mavic 2 Pro controller perfectly, without any modifications.

Hmmm...I didn't have to shave anything off. It fit in my Mavic 2 Pro controller perfectly, without any modifications.

can you post some pics up if possible...? to better give me an idea, cuz lookn at other posts/pic i see a gap inbetween the r/c & mount where the mount is intentionally supposed to fit all the way flush locking/stablizing any play/wiggle soo all the weight balance wont be on tje r/c's arms while into the r/c just like the mavmount 3.0

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98