DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pricing at DJI?!!

JakeBlues

Reactions
Hi all,

When I was checking DJI today I’ve noticed a significant price increase on all products in the Mavic 2 area (probably everywhere) but raising the price for the M2 pro from $1,499.00 to a stunning $1,729.00 is not heard of.

Also the batteries and accessories.

You cannot even buy 2 drones, they cancel your 2nd order if you do.

Now, is that an early XMas shortage and they adjust prices accordingly or is the M2P leaving the market soon for something else?

Greets,
jAKE

I don't think it makes much sense to increase the price to clear excess inventory prior to introducing a new product - quite the opposite in fact. Generally, the way it works is to keep the prices stable (or cut them), then release new products in the new year when both you and your retailers have hopefully sold out of the old model. Profiteering from the Christmas rush is possible, but AFAICT that would be a new one for DJI (and won't go down well), so I don't think that's very likely either.

If I had to guess, I'd say the price increases are more likely to be either a result of the latest round of Trump's tariffs being applied, or they're having supply chain issues with a component that has driven prices up.

Cancelling of the 2nd order is most likely co-incidence. Maybe it's a website glitch, or maybe they don't have the inventory they think they need and it's a way to prevent people buying multiple drones to ensure as many people as possible get one. Also, it would make it harder for people to buy them specifically to sell-on at inflated prices when demand spikes as Christmas approaches.

Of course, making the M2 more expensive would also make a lower priced "Mavic Mini" much more appealing as a Christmas gift and ensure extra sales of your new entry level product...

If I had to guess, I'd say the price increases are more likely to be either a result of the latest round of Trump's tariffs being applied
Yes, that's when DJI (and almost all other sellers) started increasing all of their prices.

For anyone looking to buy a new Mavic 2 Pro, there are some deals available here that are slightly less expensive and come with extra accessories (like a case and camera filters). That could be a better way to go if you can use those extra accessories.

Reactions: drakkor
Hi all,

When I was checking DJI today I’ve noticed a significant price increase on all products in the Mavic 2 area (probably everywhere) but raising the price for the M2 pro from $1,499.00 to a stunning $1,729.00 is not heard of.
jAKE
This happened at the beginning of September due to tariff increases. There will be another round of products affected mid December (unless something changes before then), but it will be on a different round of products–looks like mostly the Tello and some FPV accessories that will be affected.

I purchased two new Mavic 2 batteries through DJI on the afternoon before the tariffs went into effect. They were $139 each at the time, I checked back on the following morning (16 hours later) and the price was changed to $159 each. All the prices had went up 10 to 15% overnight. They have not came back down since. It will be interesting to see what they do if they if they ever solve this trade deal.

Reactions: SubseaFlyer
Hi all,

Now, is that an early XMas shortage and they adjust prices accordingly or is the M2P leaving the market soon for something else?

Greets,
jAKE
The price went up when the Trump administration increases tarriffs on China. The prices of existing merchandise were retained, (at least at Amazon and Best Buy as far as I know). But now that that inventory has been sold, the new prices reflects the tariff increase against China. Hopefully, if there is a tarriff deal the prices will come back down.

Reactions: JakeBlues
Hi all,

Greets,
jAKE
Wowwie, imagine the used resale value...how about at auction... going once going twice.......SOLD....,to the highest bidder..one used mint condition Mavic 2 Pro $ 1599.00

Deals can still be had, if you're patient.
I bought an M2 battery 2 pack last month for I think $279 and one this month for $129, all through Amazon and all new.
The battery production dates were 7/2019 so older stock but had 25% charge and in hibernation.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hi all,

Greets,
jAKE
Hi all,

Greets,
jAKE
Thank you Trump!

Reactions: Jwatts2344
Hi all,

Greets,
jAKE
No increase here, still €1499 for the Pro and €1249 for the Zoom.

Might encourage some U.S. based entrepreneurs to start a competitive drone company.
To be competitive, you will have to start a lot of US supply chain industries first; most industries that make mini screws, copper wire, rare earth magnets, electronic components and IC’s, custom monitor screens, lithium batteries and other small components are Chinese.

Reactions: Kazzaaz
To be competitive, you will have to start a lot of US supply chain industries first; most industries that make mini screws, copper wire, rare earth magnets, electronic components and IC’s, custom monitor screens, lithium batteries and other small components are Chinese.

The wonderful thing about a free market is that even when it's being manipulated, it's still a free market.

Mini screws are made in the US, you just pay more for them....same for wire. There are 3-4 rare earth element mines in N. America that I know of off the top of my head...if you start refining the elements locally, they become profitable. The new Mac Books are going to be made outside of Dallas (granted, from parts sourced everywhere...) It CAN be done in the US....what are consumers willing to pay for it, and how far will China go to push the issue? Lots of folks blaming this on the current president, but China has been manipulating their imports for a long time.

Gonna be fun to watch.

The drone industry, by itself will not move the needle. But leveling the tariffs across the electronics field....might see something happen.

Until it does though, expect to pay more in the US.

Maybe go to Canada to buy? Mexico?

Reactions: JakeBlues
The wonderful thing about a free market is that even when it's being manipulated, it's still a free market.

Mini screws are made in the US, you just pay more for them....same for wire. There are 3-4 rare earth element mines in N. America that I know of off the top of my head...if you start refining the elements locally, they become profitable. The new Mac Books are going to be made outside of Dallas (granted, from parts sourced everywhere...) It CAN be done in the US....what are consumers willing to pay for it, and how far will China go to push the issue? Lots of folks blaming this on the current president, but China has been manipulating their imports for a long time.

Gonna be fun to watch.

The drone industry, by itself will not move the needle. But leveling the tariffs across the electronics field....might see something happen.

Until it does though, expect to pay more in the US.

Maybe go to Canada to buy? Mexico?
I found this interesting- certainly points out the problems we now face by us outsourcing everything for so long:

Reactions: SubseaFlyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000