DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release : Rescue Jackets / Float your Mavic in the Sea.

aren't you more likely to crash with these two products installed?

The Wet Suit weighs less than 1 ounce and the Rescue Jacket does two things: If you crash in the water you can get your drone , It also provides a a Visual line of Sight to 3000 ft
We offer some new colors on the Rescue Jackets as they have become much more popular. These are for the Air 2 but the Colors our the same.

Neon Green / Neon Blue our the favorites
Email me at [email protected] for the Forum Discount Package.

Resuce Jacekt for fish Tackle..jpg

Last edited:
When bystanders ask you if your Drone can fly ? You know you have been floating to long . :oops:

Holy cow this forum has changed since the last time I was on here. Hoping to post a video but that seems to be gone. Well i will have to read the manual on how to do it and I dont have the time. We land on top of those huge lilly pads in the ponds ,≤, smile

Holy cow this forum has changed since the last time I was on here. Hoping to post a video but that seems to be gone. Well i will have to read the manual on how to do it and I dont have the time. We land on top of those huge lilly pads in the ponds ,≤, smile
Nothing new since you joined..., upload your video to YouTube or other sharing site, make it public, and upload the link. A preview link will appear wher the share link is pasted.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

There have been some small changes: Some of the features that were on the main bar are now located on the 3 Dots that look like spacers. When you click on 3 Dots you will see these bars, Looking forward to seeing your video. :p

Screenshot 11-06-2020 02.07.20.jpg

Reactions: sage32
Flying over water seems generally ok to me and not too stressful the more I do it, however I don’t really see a reason to land on water, I’d be interested to see how this flotation “jacket” does in protecting the drone following motor / battery failure, I guess the real or only benefit of the jacket is to allow retrieval of the drone as even if it free falls into the water it should float ... in hindsight, it may be extremely useful to help in very low flying over water whilst filming, and I think, particularly useful for this style of photography.

Rescue Jackets are really interesting:

We have an account with a company who rents the DJI drones to the tourists and from what I understand they
are only allowed to fly over the Water. The Jackets provide a 3000 ft Visual Line of sight and if the drones end up on the water they can be recovered. The renters can take off by land or sea. It was the perfect tool.

Boaters - Kayaking - Ect all can utilize the Rescue Jacket for remote take off and landings as posted.

Its also security for paid work over the water to secure your footage.

Remote landing is a benefit for those waiting for an event to happen such as Glacier ready to break or some whales jumping out of the water or floating down a river . Being ready is key and having battery life is essential so being able to turn the motors off and save that battery until the event takes place is key.

There is a reason why so many drones end up at the bottom of the sea and most happen within about 50 ft of the pilot.
Poor execution, Poor Battery Management, not negotiating the winds, bird attacks, and magnetic interference from a poor take off position, not to mention the fumble from a boat catch gone wrong.

If you make money with your drone that this is a tool , it can be modified to enhance your game.

For me its the visual line of sight , that 3000 ft is comforting and if the drone does fall in the water, well the adventure is getting it back. :p

Screenshot 09-05-2020 15.22.06.jpg

I have been using the Rescue Float now a lot more . The other day the sun was blinding and this really came in handy because I was able to see it and fly over the vegetation fields. Truth be told I have not landed in the water yet but I have flown in the rain with confidence . I have been considering the Mini 2 and the Air 2 is there one that is better in the rain and landing on the foliage ?

I have been using the Rescue Float now a lot more . The other day the sun was blinding and this really came in handy because I was able to see it and fly over the vegetation fields. Truth be told I have not landed in the water yet but I have flown in the rain with confidence . I have been considering the Mini 2 and the Air 2 is there one that is better in the rain and landing on the foliage ?

Email me at [email protected]
and I will send you an invoice for the Rescue Jacket Package and recommend the Air 2 for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sage32
Thank you for the Pictures Alex : )
Looks awesome, Skins go really well with the Wet Suit . I like the Color on the Power Button very nice.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Pouring Rain and Land on the Water.

gtrreeree-2.jpg

Reactions: Dronage
Whenever you have added weight that is being lifted your going to of course have drag on the motors. Its impossible not to.

But the idea behind the Rescue Jacket is to Protect your Investment and secure your Refresh , and that is the ideas.

Search and Rescue Mavic 2 Carry A lot more weight and have no issues , this is because the Drag does not hurt the Mavic 2 in any way and is the same as Flying in sport mode against the wind.

You will also notice that most Drag happen at the take off and after that you good to fly.
Notice how the the Air 2 Flys out with the same Exact same Rescue Jacket as the client added the Telemetry .

My point is a little drag does not take away from the Drone or its Performance or Purpose , not even speed but it does take 5 minutes off of flight time . Its a great video and show how well the drone negotiates the Rescue Jacket.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405