DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product ! Sound Catching Prop Covers ( Fly more quiet than ever before )

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Sound Catching Prop Covers : AKA : Sound Catchers FOR THE MINI 2

Designed to Protect your Motors from Sand / Salt / Stones including Dirt and Debris with the Option to Turn on the Sound Catching technology Feature.

By Utilizing our Patent Pending Frequency reduction technology and adding Two more DJI blades to each Prop Cover we can reduce the actual volume of the Drone as well as change the Tone of the drone making for a much more pleasant flying experience .

Drone noise is a real issue and we have been working with Engineers across the country
to provide better options for flying your drone.

You have the option to fly with 2 DJI props or 4 DJI Props for those stealth missions where a more silent drone is going to enhance your flight experience and those around you.

YES ! The drone is still under 249 Grams.

If interested please email me at
[email protected] and PM me so I have a back up of your request.

PHANTOMRAIN.ORG

I will keep you informed of our progress and the price.

UPDATED : When we asked those that used the Mobile Decibel Meter app to Measure there MINI 2 the over whelming average number was 68 DB while the Drone was hovering 3 Ft Away.

Will wait and see what the new numbers are for those Clients using the New Sound Catching Prop Covers before we advertise those numbers .
In the mean time will keep posting the numbers we get from the app.

Thank you for the Great Ideas ,

The Decibel Meter App is free ,
Check your drone
Check your vacuum mine was 78 DB average..

Last edited:
Sound Catching Prop Covers : AKA : Sound Catchers

Designed to Protect your Motors from Sand / Salt / Stones including Dirt and Debris with the Option to Turn on the Sound Catching technology Feature.

By Utilizing our Patent Pending Frequency reduction technology and adding Two more DJI blades to each Prop Cover we can reduce the actual volume of the Drone by 8 to 10 DB as well as change the Tone of the drone making for a much more pleasant flying experience .

Drone noise is a real issue and we have been working with Engineers across the country

You have the option to fly with 2 DJI props or 4 DJI Props for those stealth missions where a more silent drone is going to enhance your flight experience and those around you.

Will it work with mini 1 as well
Regards

interesting concept; what considerations are given to the added torque applied to each motor based on doubling the number of rotor blades? thinking of wear issues, reduced battery duration based on added load, etc.

cool idea, just asking some questions...

Reactions: Przemo-c
By Utilizing our Patent Pending Frequency reduction technology and adding Two more DJI blades to each Prop Cover we can reduce the actual volume of the Drone by 8 to 10 DB as well as change the Tone of the drone making for a much more pleasant flying experience .
Are you really claiming you are reducing the level of noise by a factor of 10? Really?

Last edited:

Risk - benefit analysis: the MM2 is quiet like a church mouse to begin with.

Reactions: mmoguls

Will this come out for the M2Pro

Risk - benefit analysis: the MM2 is quiet like a church mouse to begin with.
This is true , 68 db is to 73 db is not to bad , but we needed to set the bar as to what is possible.
The mini 2 at 58 db is really refreshing and with how many posts about blocked motors still needed ,

I love the slogan quiet as a church mouse, and I might name her Mouse , its a great name thank you
What about a name for AIR 2S ??

Here she is in this movie : Suicide Sun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jsaint
Regretfully, you're really not reducing any noise level at all because the original "Two" blades are no longer there. In order for you to reduce the noise level it would have to have the same two blades and this is not the case. You simply changed the noise level by using a multi-rotor system,

You would be far more beneficial and truthful if you just offered an upgraded multi rotor system which reduces noise rather the present marking campaign.

Myself, I don't find any of the DJI drones to be noisy except for the DJI FPV which is absolutely horrible!

Regards - Mike

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Are you really claiming you are reducing the level of noise by a factor of 10? Really?
Were not using NASA equipment to measure , just the Phone App DB and 8 to 10 is what it shows on the Hover only as we have shown on another video . 68 db to 73 was the lowest point recorded , and 58 db was the lowest point recorded at the Hover >

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
YES ! Its a Multi Blade Helicopter when you add the EXTRA 2 DJI Blades making it 4 of them on each motor.
YES ! that is where the Volume Reduction comes from , but tone is important also
and we added a little something to change the Tone , very similar to a Helicopter and hope to get a Patent on it.

For the record all i care about is my neighbors being happy :p

For those not understanding :

Here is a traditional Prop: If this is all we did , there would be no reason to file a patent but that was not the floor plan that was engineered.

Screenshot 06-02-2021 12.09.50.jpg

We utilized DJI blades already Existing , with the option to add on Two more DJI blades making it 4 DJI blades which as other Experts on the Forum have noted is the very best way to reduce Sound .

But there was something that was added to the Prop Covers that does change the tone , will show it off soon enough. I think at 240 frames a second it might show up nicely. Were working on that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water, and maybe fly as quiet as a mouse.

If interested please PM me will put you on the list.

Last edited:
If there is a noise reduction it's due strictly to the additional airfoils - it's highly unlikely there is any magic going on with noise reduction technology. Multi blade helicopters are traditionally quieter than standard dual blade rotor head.
Your, right. The motors don't have to spin as fast, to create the same lift, thus reducing sound intensity. I've actually superglued an extra set of props to a mavic pro 2, giving each motor 4 props. The sound reduction was very notable. The blades weren't spinning as fast to create the same lift. So the pitch lowered, as well as the decibels. Just so you know, I was only able to fly my 4 bladed M2Pro for a couple hours each time, before one of the superglued props would fly off. I suspect this was due to a slight imbalance/alignment issue when gluing one set of blades on top of the other set. It's pretty difficult getting them glued on to the exact center. Anyway, it did exactly what the OP says his product does. Quick note, my original intent wasn't sound reduction. The sound reduction was just so significant, I couldn't help notice how much quieter the drone was. My original intent was to see if I could get a speed boost or longer battery life, that didn't happen. It did show an improvement in responsiveness though. That is until blades started flying off. Don't worry, the drone flew fine , even when the glued on blades would come off. The motors simply compensated for the reduced lift by speeding up. I would actually know when a glued on blade came off, because the drone would get louder.

Last edited:
Its been an amazing and Positive Response for the Sound Catchers thus far,
Thank you to all those who have Emailed and Chatted with me , I appreciate all the comments .

You neighbor's will thank you also. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain very quietly.

Email me at [email protected]
or PM me or both if interested.

Last edited:

I CELEBRATE your ingenuity! The spirit of invention, and toying with mechanical objects is alive and well! Bravo to you. Best wishes for this patent to be approved for you.

I CELEBRATE your ingenuity! The spirit of invention, and toying with mechanical objects is alive and well! Bravo to you. Best wishes for this patent to be approved for you.
I've made 4 bladed props for 2 DJI models. I used superglue to combine 2 DJI prop sets into one. My only issue was the alignment and balance. The glue handled the stress of the slight imbalance for a while, but would only hold for about 2 hours of flight. I think i'll try making my own again, but use better alignment technique and screws to attach the blades together. Quad Blades here I come. I never thought about trying to make money on my mods, but If i come up with something else, I'll see what I can do. The market for such things is ever increasing as drones become more commonplace.

Reactions: AZDave
Regretfully, the problem with your 4 blade system is it defeats all the technology that DJI incorporated in the drone.

Using a 4 bladed system with 16 blades instead of 8 reduces the drones efficiency. This results in additional drag from the extra 8 blades which the motors now have to deal with. The result is extra drag using more current which lessons the flight time and creates additional heat on the motors. The stock system is perfect- the drone is nearly inaudible at even minimum height. The main processor is going to detect the additional load which will effect the drones performance (and warranty)

Mike

Last edited:
Regretfully, the problem with your 4 blade system is it defeats all the technology that DJI incorporated in the drone.

Using a 4 bladed system with 16 blaeds instaed of 8 reduces the drones efficiency. This results in additional drag from the extra 8 blades which the motors now have to deal with. The result is extra drag using more current which lessons the flight time and creates additional heat on the motors. The stock system is perfect- the drone is nearly inaudible at even minimum height.

Mike
Are you saying this about the OPs product and mine of course? The biggest thing I noticed was a slow down in it's flight speed. The unmodded drones may be quiet, but on approach to home in sport mode at 200ft high I hear them coming when they are at least 400 ft away. buzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzz

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803