DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New regulations for drone pilots in Australia

Dsal

Reactions
CASA, the regulating body for civil aviation in Australia have recently enabled registration on their website. Yesterday, I registered my MA2 and sat the 18 question quiz to get certification to fly the under 2 kg category commercially. Registration is required for drones over 250 g and certification/license when being paid for flying. If you are flying for sport and recreation nothing is required until March 2022. The process also applies to visitors to Australia who wish to fly their overseas registered drone. Drones has all the information.

CASA, the regulating body for civil aviation in Australia have recently enabled registration on their website. Yesterday, I registered my MA2 and sat the 18 question quiz to get certification to fly the under 2 kg category commercially. Registration is required for drones over 250 g and certification/license when being paid for flying. If you are flying for sport and recreation nothing is required until March 2022. The process also applies to visitors to Australia who wish to fly their overseas registered drone. Drones has all the information.
Thank you. We have a trip planned for a little more than a year. Until your post the Mavic 2 was going to remain home.

Reactions: mereflyer and Dsal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11