DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New SC Owner Questions

ddodell

Reactions
Got a SC a few weeks back and took it out for my first flight today; some questions I'm missing coming from using the Mavic 2 controller with an iOS device

(1) When I did a RTH, it reported the altitude in meters, not feet, even though I have my settings set to Imperial MPH ... on the iOS app, I *thought* it always reported in feet

(2) I noticed a RTH altitude setting and then another RTH at Altitude ... I'm assuming if I have "RTH at Altitude" switched on, then it comes back at the present altitude, not the RTH Altitude I programmed?

(3) I have my images saving to the SD card on the SC. After taking some, I noticed they all said original ... is the Mavic 2 now saving them both on the SD card in the drone, and original images also on the SD card in the SC? If so NICE! I just GoShare link to move them into my phone, and my phone synced with my Mac, and they look to be full size.

Thanks

David

Got a SC a few weeks back and took it out for my first flight today; some questions I'm missing coming from using the Mavic 2 controller with an iOS device

(1) When I did a RTH, it reported the altitude in meters, not feet, even though I have my settings set to Imperial MPH ... on the iOS app, I *thought* it always reported in feet

(2) I noticed a RTH altitude setting and then another RTH at Altitude ... I'm assuming if I have "RTH at Altitude" switched on, then it comes back at the present altitude, not the RTH Altitude I programmed?

(3) I have my images saving to the SD card on the SC. After taking some, I noticed they all said original ... is the Mavic 2 now saving them both on the SD card in the drone, and original images also on the SD card in the SC? If so NICE! I just GoShare link to move them into my phone, and my phone synced with my Mac, and they look to be full size.

Thanks

David
(1) unclear what you actually set and how. Please clarify your controlling device(s) and set up. TIA

(2) when the M2 does RTH it will stay at current altitude if that is above the set RTH altitude. If the drone is below the set RTH altitude it will climb to that altitude and then RTH.

(3) if you shoot in RAW, at least a few images, you’ll know If they are on the SD card in question when you look at the file names after transfer to your computer.

(1) Under General Settings I have Units set to Imperial, but the SmartController report RTH altitude in meters

(2) So I have my RTH altitude set at 75 meters ... should I have "RTH at Current Altitude" turned on or off ... seems to conflict each other

(1) Under General Settings I have Units set to Imperial, but the SmartController report RTH altitude in meters

(2) So I have my RTH altitude set at 75 meters ... should I have "RTH at Current Altitude" turned on or off ... seems to conflict each other
(1) maybe a restart or try changing them back to original and try changing the again... if it is a problem for you flying contact DJI.

(2) I would test both options in a clear open area so you know what to expect. Could save a crash. You’ll want to know to deal with different locations and wind patterns.

RTH at current altitude is for when the Drone is less than 20 meters from the home point when RTH is initiated. If this is turned off the Drone will land immediately. If it is turned on the drone will RTH at current altitude and then land. It is better to have turned on.
Better check again and make sure you have it set to Imperial. I would set the RTH altitude a little higher. I have mine set to 100 Meters

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada