DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Smart Controller Firmware Version V01.00.0880 available

AnGo

Reactions
A new Firmware for the SC arrived on 2021-01-08 with the following release notes:
- Fixes Crashing Issues and improves App Stability
- Add local data mode

Anyone knows what "local data mode" is?

Reactions: arktx_vision
Would be nice to finally add offline map downloading for dji fly app.
As the smart controller doesn't have a built-in sim slot for mobile internet, I am already now always in "local data mode" as soon as I leave my home's wifi range.

Seems like there are not even plans yet to enable this.
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It was a canned DJI Support response that this information is coming from. If you’ve been around the forums much, you’ll see plenty of canned DJI Support responses from DJI Mindy and such.

Yes, you never know how much the Market pushes them internally to change their minds. For me it is no question that the SC just HAS TO support the Mini 2, period. There is absolutely no reason why it does not, as it is sharing already the same App and the same Technology than the Air 2. Not even for a negative political decision, as DJI should really be interested in the potential new SC customers coming via the Mini 2. They just have to add the Mini 2 to the Device Management of the SC and that's all. Or they are already planning a SC2 in the background and want to keep the Mini 2 support for that ;)

A new Firmware for the SC arrived on 2021-01-08 with the following release notes:
- Fixes Crashing Issues and improves App Stability
- Add local data mode

Anyone knows what "local data mode" is?
Did it install properly ? In my case it is just repeating the mantra to upgrade, I tried many times. Do you have any idea about how to fix it ?

Did it install properly ? In my case it is just repeating the mantra to upgrade, I tried many times. Do you have any idea about how to fix it ?
My update attempts this time always failed when doing it with the DJI assistant. Around 16% of the update process it aborted with error. I needed to go through the update process directly with the SC itself, not connecting to PC via DJI Assistant. Took me hours to download the image, but in the end it went through.

Get my new sc and update went flawless out of box with wifi.
Hello yes I got my new smart controller 2 weeks ago and update to v880 and air 2 showing with the rest of the drones just got to make mind up what drone to buy I won't no till then if it will work but looks all ready to go happy days to come.

Would be nice to finally add offline map downloading for dji fly app.
As the smart controller doesn't have a built-in sim slot for mobile internet, I am already now always in "local data mode" as soon as I leave my home's wifi range.

I was surprised that the DJI Fly app didn't support offline map downloading.

To get around this, I set up my phone as a hotspot and I connected my SC to that via WiFi. Then I ran into issues with being limited to only 30m up and 50m out. So back to disabling WiFi on the SC when flying to avoid that.

Reactions: AnGo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo