DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New smart controller?

Is not about antenna the issue. The issue is that the Smart Controller Operating system is Android 7 32 bits and the DJI Fly app is currently 64 bits and that is why can not run in the smart controller.

The smart controller has a 64 bits CPU capable. Or DJI upgrade the operating system to 64 bits or they will release a DJI Fly app in 32bits but is difficult as well because the H265 encode demand tons of CPU processing power and in a 32 bits OS i don't think is going to make it.

I don't know what will happened here. There is a good chance will never be compatible with the current hardware and a new Smart Controller 2 with better hardware will be released.

Is not about antenna the issue. The issue is that the Smart Controller Operating system is Android 7 32 bits and the DJI Fly app is currently 64 bits and that is why can not run in the smart controller.

The smart controller has a 64 bits CPU capable. Or DJI upgrade the operating system to 64 bits or they will release a DJI Fly app in 32bits but is difficult as well because the H265 encode demand tons of CPU processing power and in a 32 bits OS i don't think is going to make it.

I don't know what will happened here. There is a good chance will never be compatible with the current hardware and a new Smart Controller 2 with better hardware will be released.
Yesterday I installed the latest version of Dronelink that was 64 bits it least that’s what the file name said.
That’s weak evidence I admit but it does imply it can handle 64 bits
Has anyone tried to sideload fly on sc?
You can get it at pure apk.

FWIW SC has a 64 bit 6 core processor.
Rockchip RK3066
2x ARM A72
4x Arm A53
CPU Z says the kernel is 64 bit.
Running Android 7.1.2 API 25.
So I would say based on, some actual data, that SC is 64 bit.
Install CPU-Z and see for your self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zeusfl
DJI Fly does run on SC but DJI is blocking from downloading the resource file so it can't get past that step.
But it does run on SC.

Reactions: davefabik
DJI Fly does run on SC but DJI is blocking from downloading the resource file so it can't get past that step.
But it does run on SC.

How do you know this? It would be surprising as the SC seems to be 32-bit whilst the Fly app needs a 64-bit system (CPU and OS).

If you download CPU-Z in the smart controller you can see by your self the 64bits CPU.

It has the CPU but the OS is 32bits. In theory there is no way will work.
Android is open source DJI did a 64 bit build.
Download Fly and try it or forever hold your peace.
CPU-Z reports a 64 bit kernel.

Android is open source DJI did a 64 bit build.
Download Fly and try it or forever hold your peace.
CPU-Z reports a 64 bit kernel.
As does AIDA64 reports the the kernel was built as aarch64.

Last edited by a moderator:
... The smart controller has a 64 bits CPU capable. Or DJI upgrade the operating system to 64 bits or they will release a DJI Fly app in 32bits but is difficult as well because the H265 encode demand tons of CPU processing power and in a 32 bits OS i don't think is going to make it.

I fly a M2P with the SC and can take H265 video’s. I think it is the aircraft that encodes the video not the SC.

Of course it's the aircraft.

So why did you say “The smart controller has a 64 bits CPU capable. Or DJI upgrade the operating system to 64 bits or they will release a DJI Fly app in 32bits but is difficult as well because the H265 encode demand tons of CPU processing power and in a 32 bits OS i don't think is going to make it.”?

So why did you say “The smart controller has a 64 bits CPU capable. Or DJI upgrade the operating system to 64 bits or they will release a DJI Fly app in 32bits but is difficult as well because the H265 encode demand tons of CPU processing power and in a 32 bits OS i don't think is going to make it.”?
I didn't @zeusfl did. I just quoted his post and perhaps he means if you edit it on the device.

Yesterday I installed the latest version of Dronelink that was 64 bits it least that’s what the file name said.
That’s weak evidence I admit but it does imply it can handle 64 bits
Has anyone tried to sideload fly on sc?
You can get it at pure apk.
Yea I have it on my smart controller I use it to edit because go4 sucks but I have to enter it through apk pure for it to work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair