DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneViewer - PC/Mac software to view your drone video and flight data simultaneously

wanderer

Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mydroneviewer.com
Just thought I'd mention that Dashcam Viewer supports the .SRT files produced by the Mavic. You can playback your videos while watching your Mavic's position update on a Google Map and dashboard. You can geotag key points in the video and quickly return to them with a double-click. Here's a link to instructions. Note that DV may stutter with 4K videos or when using lower-end PCs. Unlike the awesome RaceRender and Dashware, Dasham Viewer does not re-render the video. It's simply a video player with synchronized GPS data viewing capabilities. Trial version is free. Runs on Mac/Windows.

Here is a screenshot of the software showing video from a Mavic trip to two oil rigs. I geotagging the rigs to note their location.

geotag_emmy_eva.jpg

Last edited:
@wanderer , very cool info, I wonder if my DOD dash cam program can run the files. Where are the .srt files found? on mavic or on "device" such as my iphone I use with the controller? Thanks.

@Varekai , the SRT files will be co-located with your movie files on the SD Card. But you must enable Video Caption mode in the Go App or else the SRT files won't be created.

dji_go_and_files.jpg

BTW, here's a video showing Dashcam Viewer used in conjunction with drone video for aerial surveying and geotagging.

Just thought I'd mention that Dashcam Viewer supports the .SRT files produced by the Mavic. [...]

geotag_emmy_eva.jpg
Cool, I'm going to grab it and check it out. The synced video looks interesting.

On a second topic, what's with your speed? It looks like it's oscillating 3-5mph with a few 6-7mph swings every time you're presumably giving full pitch stick (and not actually flying that way :eek:). So what's going on?

I'm absolutely sure my MP doesn't fly like that at full stick, even with the Sport+ mod.

Good question. The SRT file is composed of lat/lon waypoints sampled at 1 Hz. Here is a sample SRT data point:

00:00:01,000 --> 00:00:02,000
HOME(-118.0253,33.6831) 2017.06.24 16:07:06
GPS(-118.0253,33.6831,16) BAROMETER:1.1
ISO:100 Shutter:1600 EV: 0 Fnum:2.2

There are two issues at play that cause the oscillation:

(1) For whatever reason, DJI does not include speed in the SRT data record. To get the speed, it must be artificially computed based on waypoint distances. If the speed were part of the SRT file, the oscillation would be a non-issue.

(2) Since speed is not provided, to accurately compute speed, the lat/lon waypoints must be known to a high precision. Again, for whatever reason, DJI only includes lat/lon to the nearest 0.0001 degrees (roughly 30 feet).

This is why you see the oscillation. If the lat/lon data were provided at 10Hz and 0.000001 degree resolution (like it is in the Flight Record data created by the Go app and converted by airdata.com) then you wouldn't see the oscillation.

I'm going to contact DJI and see if they'll modify their SRT data record to include speed and lat/lon to 0.000001 degree. Technically it should be very easy for them to do this.

Reactions: nafisgal
thanks about it. I was driven crazy to find out how to make srt files eatable to dashware. everybody just talk about any other topic inside these discussions. Need to do new topic soon...testing this soft first!

I don't manage to make this software work with my mp4 and drone srt files of my mavic2

Any help most appreciated.

Last edited:
DroneViewer 1.1.1 released for Mac and Windows

We are pleased to announce that DroneViewer 1.1.1 is now available on our website and has the following new enhancements:
New Features:
  • Users can now switch latitude/longitude formats in the Dashboard, Geotags, and CSV file export. The options are Decimal degrees (DD.DDDDDD), integer degrees+decimal minutes (DD MM.MMMM), or integer degrees+integer minutes+decimal seconds (DD MM SS.SS). Single-click in the lat/lon Dashboard display to toggle between formats, or access the setting in the Preferences.
v1-1-1_lat_lon_formats.jpg

New latitude and longitude display formats
  • Tap the ‘f’ key to swap compass icons between quadcopter and arrow
  • Improved data graph draw speeds
  • Improved responsiveness of Dashcam Viewer when clicking in the map or in a graph to jump to a point in a video.
DroneViewer displays your GPS-enabled GoPro and drone videos in a whole new way! With DroneViewer you can play your videos on the main screen while watching your drone’s speed, distance, position, and bearing update on graphs, data displays, and maps. You can geotag key points in your route and jump back to them instantly. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. You can save your route to common file formats such as comma-separated value (CSV), GPS-exchange (GPX), or Google Earth (KML), for further data analysis. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://mydroneviewer.com). The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 1 video at a time.

Works with Mavic Pro, Phantom 3 and 4, and GPS-enabled GoPro cameras. Not compatible with MavicPro 2 (waiting for DJI to embed GPS data in the MP2's SRT file, like they do in the MP1).

Hello
I need some help in suggestions to see if I can make it work.

I install the sw, the codec, and have mp4 and srt files in same folder with same name, but no map image.

Also, I am using region and language in windows 10 set to English US. So I don´think it is , or period issue.

I also have tried video geotagger and get error message in GPS data file.

I´m using a Mavic 2. Any chance it has a different srt file format then previous Mavics?

Thanks for any ideas and support.

Reactions: Hauptmann
If it could take the txt flight log, sync it with the srt file based on time coding, it could get all the telemetry and camera data, stick operations, etc. That would be really cool.

I don't manage to make this software work with my mp4 and drone srt files of my mavic2

Any help most appreciated.

Case solved. I contacted remotegeo support and they confirmed that DJI has made a lot of changes in the Mavic 2 SRT format. Here is their reply:

Thank you for sending those data samples, you are correct that DJI made significant changes to the SRT files with the Mavic 2 comapred to earlier models. I have forwarded the sample SRT files to our software engineers who have begun work on parsing the new Mavic 2 SRT format so that support for it can be implemented.

@RogerMav Unlike the original MP, the MP2 does not store GPS data in the SRT file so you won't see your route on the map.That's why I mentioned above that DroneViewer is not compatible with MP2.

That is strange wanderer as I check on my files and they did had gps coordinates. I send them to remotegeo people and they confirmed it has but dji change a lot the srt file format. Se my other reply in this discussion.

Tks anyway.

Could be that they are still tweaking the SRT file contents, and perhaps they did add GPS coordinates. If you send me a "new" SRT file from your MP2 I will investigate.

Reactions: RogerMav
Could be that they are still tweaking the SRT file contents, and perhaps they did add GPS coordinates. If you send me a "new" SRT file from your MP2 I will investigate.

Sure, no problem. How do I send them to you, as attachment to the post or do you have en email?

DroneViewer 1.1.2 released for Mac and Windows
Leave a reply
We are pleased to announce that DroneViewer 1.1.2 is now available on our website and has the following new enhancements:

New Features:
  • Added compatibility with the SRT files produced by the DJI Mavic 2 Pro using firmware version 01.00.0200 (thanks, @RogerMav!). Note that altitude data is missing from the SRT file, so altitude graphs are not available. Hopefully, DJI will update its SRT file format to include altitude in the future (and fix spelling errors :rolleyes:).
  • The Registered version will now display up to 66 minutes of GoPro HERO lat/lon/alt data. Previously, the Registered version would only show 1 minute of GoPro data.
Bug Fixes:
  • Improved synchronization between video and data.
drv_v1-1-0.jpg

DroneViewer displays your GPS-enabled GoPro and drone videos in a whole new way! With DroneViewer you can play your videos on the main screen while watching your drone’s speed, distance, position, and bearing update on graphs, data displays, and maps. You can geotag key points in your route and jump back to them instantly. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. You can save your route to common file formats such as comma-separated value (CSV), GPS-exchange (GPX), or Google Earth (KML), for further data analysis. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://mydroneviewer.com). The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 1 video at a time.

DroneViewer 1.1.2 released for Mac and Windows
Leave a reply
We are pleased to announce that DroneViewer 1.1.2 is now available on our website and has the following new enhancements:

New Features:
  • Added compatibility with the SRT files produced by the DJI Mavic 2 Pro using firmware version 01.00.0200 (thanks, @RogerMav!). Note that altitude data is missing from the SRT file, so altitude graphs are not available. Hopefully, DJI will update its SRT file format to include altitude in the future (and fix spelling errors :rolleyes:).
  • The Registered version will now display up to 66 minutes of GoPro HERO lat/lon/alt data. Previously, the Registered version would only show 1 minute of GoPro data.
Bug Fixes:
  • Improved synchronization between video and data.
drv_v1-1-0.jpg

Excellent Wanderer, glad to have help in a very small part so that all MP2 users can enjoy your wonderful software to view and inspect their flight details.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User