DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Tablet.

Nearlypastit

Reactions
Hi all.
Sorry to be a nuisance but I’ve bought a Vankyo S10 tablet. It arrived today, I know it’s only cheap £79. On eBay, but it’s brand new and I thought it would be better than my phone screen. I know some members have had problems running DJI fly but I’ve got Litchi, Dronelink and DJI Go 4 and I thought one of those would be ok. I can’t get any of the apps to connect with my MA2. I’m getting brain ache, I’ve wasted so much time on the tablet (it’s running Android 9) plus I’ve dug out my old laptop which I haven’t used for 4 years and there are so many updates that I have left it running overnight, hopefully come the morning it will be all hunky dory.
I’m wondering if I’ve done the right thing in buying the Vankyo. I can see my wife is thinking about all the money being spent, new drone, tablet, apps, it never seems to end. The only good thing is that it was her idea in the first place, thought it would give another hobby.
I have asked another member, who I know has the same tablet, if he has any suggestions. I thought the more people I ask the more the more chance I have of a solution.
I’m off to bed now, it’s 10.50pm, just hope I can sleep with all this going around in my head.
Happy new year everyone.

it depends what drone you have ,to run the Fly app your device will need to have a 64 bit operating system ,as apposed to the 32 bit that the earlier Apps used
the fly App is for the MM Mini2 or MA2

You have to use the DJI Fly flight app for the MA2, the MA2 won't work with Litchi (just yet) or DJI Go4
Download it via the Google playstore on the Vankyo

Reactions: Brian I and MA2 317
You have to use the DJI Fly flight app for the MA2, the MA2 won't work with Litchi (just yet) or DJI Go4
Download it via the Google playstore on the Vankyo

Hi.
I’ve tried that, DJI Fly not available on Vankyo.
Beginning to think I’ve done the wrong thing buying the tablet.

Hi.
I’ve tried that, DJI Fly not available on Vankyo.
Beginning to think I’ve done the wrong thing buying the tablet.

If DJI Fly is not available it means the Vankyo is probably not a full 64bit architecture. Google playstore assesses whether the app can be run before making it available.
The Vankyo is probably a 64bit cpu plus a 32 bit infrastructure which will probably still work with the Litchi Beta.

You could try sideloading DJI Fly from the apkpure website, using the tablet browser to see if it will run.

If DJI Fly is not available it means the Vankyo is probably not a full 64bit architecture. Google playstore assesses whether the app can be run before making it available.
The Vankyo is probably a 64bit cpu plus a 32 bit infrastructure which will probably still work with the Litchi Beta.

You could try sideloading DJI Fly from the apkpure website, using the tablet browser to see if it will run.
Ok, thanks, I’ll try that.

If DJI Fly is not available it means the Vankyo is probably not a full 64bit architecture.
Possibly, but more likely is just that the device has less than 4GB of RAM. That seems to be the minimum officially supported. 2GB & 3GB can work fine however if sideloaded.

• Wow
Reactions: Mavikhan
Save more money: Android tablets compatible with Dji Fly
PS: 64 bit CPU and architecture that supports 64 bit Android. The apk can be downloaded directly from DJI and installed!
I’ve returned the Vankyo and now have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 on the way. This one appeared on the list of compatible tablets for DJI and MA2.
Thanks for the advice.

I’ve changed my mind again, I’m getting the Samsung Galaxy A7. It’s on the list of tablets that are compatible with DJI.
Thanks for your time.
See one of my previous posts to do with compass sensors. If your Galaxy A7 does not have a compass sensor, the compass function on DJI fly won't work. You need to go by the actual A7 model number and not just the device name. The model number can be found on the back or bottom of the device. Different model numbers have different specs because depending on their intended market, they change the hardware but keep the name.

You'll probably be ok but worth looking into. I bought an A 10 because the spec said it had a compass, but turned out not in the Asia Pacific region or many other parts of the world.

Also, check its cellular as wifi only units can give compass readings that are out by several metres or feet, important if you use litchi or dronelink, or find my drone. For me, this resulted in a collision with a tree. When checked against a cellular unit, the wifi unit was initially way out by around 30 metres.

If you go with Wifi only, check the map accuracy against a cellular device to gain confidence in its accuracy. You may well be ok but the extra time is worth it.

Finally, if you find glare a problem, you can get really good matte screen protectors from these guys. You may have to travel but their screen protectors are the best you can buy, I have them fitted to all my devices.

Mobile Outfitters UK - Custom Mobile Phone & Tablet Covers (moutfitters.co.uk)

Happy flying with your new device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavikhan
See one of my previous posts to do with compass sensors. If your Galaxy A7 does not have a compass sensor, the compass function on DJI fly won't work. You need to go by the actual A7 model number and not just the device name. The model number can be found on the back or bottom of the device. Different model numbers have different specs because depending on their intended market, they change the hardware but keep the name.

You'll probably be ok but worth looking into. I bought an A 10 because the spec said it had a compass, but turned out not in the Asia Pacific region or many other parts of the world.

Also, check its cellular as wifi only units can give compass readings that are out by several metres or feet, important if you use litchi or dronelink, or find my drone. For me, this resulted in a collision with a tree. When checked against a cellular unit, the wifi unit was initially way out by around 30 metres.

If you go with Wifi only, check the map accuracy against a cellular device to gain confidence in its accuracy. You may well be ok but the extra time is worth it.

Finally, if you find glare a problem, you can get really good matte screen protectors from these guys. You may have to travel but their screen protectors are the best you can buy, I have them fitted to all my devices.

Thanks for all that useful info. I’m getting it from Amazon so if a problem I can send it back. I know it’s wi-fi only. It’s for the uk market so I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I didn’t know about a compass being installed, never given it a thought but I am new to all this.
Happy new year.

The only tablet that cellular has an influence is ipads, and only because wifi only ipads don't have GPS.

GPS/compass on the tablet should have no bearing on flight accuracy. Thats handled by the AC's GPS and compass. It also doesn't affect HP unless you try to update it to RC's position, as HP is set at takeoff position based on AC's GPS.

However a tablet's GPS and compass can help you determine where the AC is in relation to where you are standing and facing.

Reactions: Nearlypastit
Your right is does support it.

Get the Litchi beta from here
Good afternoon,
Does it support waypoints? I have to do a lot of training on irrigation channels before the University will let me get my hands on their Phantom 4 with Multi-spectral camera. So I need an app to plot channel sides and bends as waypoints.
Thanks
Neville Queensland Australia

Your right is does support it.

Get the Litchi beta from here
Good afternoon,
Does it support waypoints? I have to do a lot of training on irrigation channels with my MM2 before the University will let me get my hands on their Phantom 4 with Multi-spectral camera. So I need an app to plot channel sides and bends as waypoints.
Thanks
Neville Queensland Australia

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka