DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New TFR (for Seafair) Affecting Seattle Pilots until 8/6:

Where did you find this info as I see it say I am in NFZ and I see the orange TFR circles, but could not see how long it is in effect for. Thanks!

I use an app called UAV forecast and it sent me a notification of a TFR (temporary flight restriction) so I checked out the FAA site. It's valid until 3 pm on Sunday, August 6th.

da257fad4c3b321b48f793261179a152.jpg

Yeah I live in Seattle and watched Seafair from Mercer Island and those blue Angels flew right over us it was crazy so close.......... later that night after all the shenanigans are over just before sunset I tried to launch the Mavic to capture the beauty well for the first time ever on my controller it read IN NFZ And I couldn't take off at all and I noticed that if I took out my phone and just connected my RC to the drone it's still reead in NFZ so it must be information via the satellites

I watched the blue angels as well, the forest fire smoke really made the show disappointing.. I wouldn't recommend flying your MP in it as it really isn't safe

This evening after 7p, I encountered the TFR/NOTAM notice in DJIGo4 for this year's Seafair Blue Angels airshow over Lake Washington. So, I visited the FAA NOTAM page to understand NOTAMs and TFRs better, 8/4619 NOTAM Details

I was happy to learn the 5 nautical mile TFR, centered over the I-90 Lake Washington bridge, is actually only in effect 1p to 3p, during Blue Angel's performances each day (this year, Aug 2 thru 5, 2018).

Since it was 7pm and DJIGo4 presents this as an "Authorization Zone", not a no fly zone, I performed a quick unlock, verifying my DJI account with my mobile #, and had a lovely, safe sunset FPV flight nearby my home.

Upshot: DJI's excellent "GEO" feature apparently doesn't yet have the capability to present TFRs based on their actual "effective date" and times, but rather just on overall start/end of a NOTAM.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000