DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Tile Sport Pro Review - Use to help find Lost Mavic?

Dan

Reactions
Just received a new Tile Sport Pro - It is suppose to be twice as loud with double the range of locating it. Added DroneKepeer Mini in comparison for Loudness

Here is my review of it on YouTube

Last edited:
Great review....I was considering the original Tile but the reviews were not that great so then I started looking at dronekeeper mini. Considering cost of shipping of the dronekeeper and this new Tile I am going to have to reconsider. A few questions... it still seems like the dronekeeper mini is a better solution as a passive locator since it doesn't require any input where the Tile is more like a semi passive since it still requires a connection....so why have both? Why not have one and then a more active locator like a Trakimo or rf-v16? Not being critical, just curious as this is all new to me. Also, have you experienced any interference issues with your placement? I have been considering placement along the side, bottom half of the side body with velcro. Thanks!

Just received a new Tile Sport Pro - It is suppose to be twice as loud with double the range of locating it. Added DroneKepeer Mini in comparison for Loudness

Here is my review of it on YouTube

I've been using my Tile Slim on top of my Mavic and it has worked great so far.

@Dan, Do you think it is absolutely mandatory to cut off the metal ring around the Tile Sport?

Great review....I was considering the original Tile but the reviews were not that great so then I started looking at dronekeeper mini. Considering cost of shipping of the dronekeeper and this new Tile I am going to have to reconsider. A few questions... it still seems like the dronekeeper mini is a better solution as a passive locator since it doesn't require any input where the Tile is more like a semi passive since it still requires a connection....so why have both? Why not have one and then a more active locator like a Trakimo or rf-v16? Not being critical, just curious as this is all new to me. Also, have you experienced any interference issues with your placement? I have been considering placement along the side, bottom half of the side body with velcro. Thanks!

I put it up on another post but I realized it the next day testing dronekeeper mini against the iPhone compass that I was creating magnetic interference. Which now makes sense since I have been getting compass issues ever since I started using it. I just assumed it was something else. So sadly I pulled it off. I didn’t want to take the risk of losing the MP because of the device that was used to help locate it.

I've been using my Tile Slim on top of my Mavic and it has worked great so far.

@Dan, Do you think it is absolutely mandatory to cut off the metal ring around the Tile Sport?

Testing the Tile Sport Pro with the metal ring over my iPhone compass caused an interference and without it. No interference. So yes i would recommend removing it.
Also removing the rings reduce the weight about 10grams plus it reduce the width which allows it to sit better in the back of the MP if that’s where you choose to place it

Reactions: grepin
I put it up on another post but I realized it the next day testing dronekeeper mini against the iPhone compass that I was creating magnetic interference. Which now makes sense since I have been getting compass issues ever since I started using it. I just assumed it was something else. So sadly I pulled it off. I didn’t want to take the risk of losing the MP because of the device that was used to help locate it.
Dan, have you tried mounting to the rear leg? I wonder if that would get rid of the interference. Check out this video:

Dan, have you tried mounting to the rear leg? I wonder if that would get rid of the interference. Check out this video:

The magnetic Interference happens with the 9 inches.

I just purchased a degausser from a company that sells a product called C fixer I will test this to see if helps Remove the magnetic field or if it’s just part of the way the product is designed.

umm I don't have a electric saw and I don't want to cut off my hand. I will just buy the tile slim.

I use Tile, they work well in congested areas. I took one and taped it under a table in the food court of a Mall and marked it as missing. It was located 11AM the next day. Marked it lost again and was found the following day.
Since the range is not very good and does not send a beacon out very often I am not so sure how well it would work for finding a lost drone. One thought might be to mark it as lost and use another drone and hover a cellphone over the areas, once it sees the signal it will mark it. Not so sure about walking around in the woods trying to find it but suppose it would be better than nothing.
Nevertheless, i got one so going to velcro it to the bottom of mine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji