DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to dgi - new Air 2 S - with Smart Controller - question regarding not being able to use Go 4 app.

pedro_keith

Reactions
Hi all - I'm a novice with dgi and the software. I have a new air 2s and a smart controller. I've updated all the firmware, etc. and am able to use the go fly app. However, when
trying to use the Go 4 app I get a message saying something along the lines that I cannot use it.
I updated the Go 4 app and installed it. I still cannot get the Go 4 app to launch.

Am I correct to understand that the Go Fly is a paired down version of Go 4? It works, but there are settings, etc that I'd like to use in the Go 4 app.

Can someone please tell me how to overcome this issue?

Thank you!

Hi all - I'm a novice with dgi and the software. I have a new air 2s and a smart controller. I've updated all the firmware, etc. and am able to use the go fly app. However, when
trying to use the Go 4 app I get a message saying something along the lines that I cannot use it.
I updated the Go 4 app and installed it. I still cannot get the Go 4 app to launch.

Am I correct to understand that the Go Fly is a paired down version of Go 4? It works, but there are settings, etc that I'd like to use in the Go 4 app.

Thank you!
Personally, I'm not able to use DJI Go 4 with the Air 2S. I haven't heard anything about being able to use it with the DJI Go 4 app either. Even the Mavic 3 is used on the Go Fly app.

... I have a new air 2s ...and I'd like to use in the Go 4 app.

Nothing to overcome here unfortunately, the Air 2s is made to work with the DJI Fly app ... only. It doesn't exist a model that can use both apps.

DJI has largely moved away from the Go4 app which is used with the MAVIC 2 and earlier drones. Even the new Mavic 3 uses the Fly App. It's a pity because the Go4 app has features that will always be missing in the Fly app (i.e. EXP/Sensitivity/Gain).

Today some Go 4 features was added to Fly app for Mavic 3, such as the same hyperlapse as for Mavic 2.

Last edited:
the Go4 app has features that will always be missing in the Fly app (i.e. EXP/Sensitivity/Gain).
EXP is being added to the current DJI Fly app. It is one of the new features.

EXP is being added to the current DJI Fly app. It is one of the new features.
How, where, when did you hear this? It is greatly needed. Will it function with the Mini 2 and Air2/s which work off the same app and controller? Too bad there isn't a tripod mode option in any of the Fly app controlled drones.

How, where, when did you hear this? It is greatly needed. Will it function with the Mini 2 and Air2/s which work off the same app and controller? Too bad there isn't a tripod mode option in any of the Fly app controlled drones.
Its actually been in the IOS DJI FLY App for the Mavic 3 for over a month. But it was reported here this morning as being part of the DJI Fly 1.5.4 update:

DJI Fly 1.5.4 FINALLY Adds Expo Settings

What is EXP?
EXP settings are how the drone interprets your controller stick movements. They control how much and how quickly the drone will tilt forward, backward, left, right, ascend, descend, rotate right, or rotate left as the control sticks are gradually moved from the center point to the edge of the controller.

This means that you can set the stick "sensitivity" down closer to the center position & by that get more resolution, can move the sticks more without the drone doing large movements. This makes it easier to perform smoother moves with greater precision. When you move the stick closer to the end points you instead lose that resolution ... towards the end the drone moves instead faster to reach maximum angular rotation.

Below pic is from those EXP settings in the GO4 app ... you either mod the curve or dial in another value below to mod how fast the stick movement effect the drone movement. Imagine that the setting in the Fly app will look similar.

1639167883861.png

Reactions: BSauce955
The new DJI Fly 1.5.4 offers EXP adjustments for all drones!
It's in the three-dots menu on the top right, in the Control Tab there is a new item called Advanced. In that menu you will be able to adjust your Expo!

Downloaded and working on my Air 2S

IMG_4860.JPG

“ It's a pity because the Go4 app has features that will always be missing in the Fly app (i.e. EXP/Sensitivity/Gain).”
What are you basing that statement on?

Thank you!
Welcome to the MavicPilots forum. Enjoy safe and happy flying! 👋🏾

What are you basing that statement on?
Ok. Maybe not never. But the GoFly app has been out since the Mavic Mini was released over two years ago and has been followed up by the Mini2, Air2, Air2s, well over a year now and EXP has not been included, especially in the last year when all the new models since even before the Mini 2 have used the same exact controller and app.

The new DJI Fly 1.5.4 offers EXP adjustments for all drones!
It's in the three-dots menu on the top right, in the Control Tab there is a new item called Advanced. In that menu you will be able to adjust your Expo!
I'll be damned... Apologies. I downloaded the current upgrade and in fact EXP is there. No sensitivity control (yet?), but EXP is definitely welcome. I'm going to have to put my prop guards on later and try flying around the house which has been quite the challenge without any kind of refinement.

That have moved away from Go with newer drones the the Fly app it seems. As others said try that one.

Ok. Maybe not never. But the GoFly app has been out since the Mavic Mini was released over two years ago and has been followed up by the Mini2, Air2, Air2s, well over a year now and EXP has not been included, especially in the last year when all the new models since even before the Mini 2 have used the same exact controller and app.
I never used the Go 4 b/c I first started flying with the Air2, then Air2s, and now M3. I really think that DJI will slowly but surely start adding the popular features from the Go4 app to the Fly app. We notice that the EXP controls are now on the Fly app … slowly but surely. Enjoy safe and happy flying! 👍🏾

Downloaded and working on my Air 2S

View attachment 139961
How is it helping? I've been testing EXP on my Mini 2 but it's tricky. Not making a lot of difference with the throttle, which has always been less than smooth it does control yaw quite a bit, but we had that before with yaw speed. Did they eliminate the yaw speed and replace it with EXP? I haven't taken a deep dive testing yet but turned all the numbers down to around 10 and it really effected yaw the most but not so much throttle and left/right, and not up/down at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803