DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones as a hobby but kind of concerned about radio signals???

shadow3467

Reactions
So I've been trying to research to see if radio signals from drone and controller pose any sort of cancer risks and haven't really found much

I have found that drones and radio signals in Europe are lower powered (CE) compared to NA (FCC) but I'm not sure if that's due to health concerns or not?

What are your thoughts? Has there been any link found between stronger FCC radio signals and cancer risks?

No, I don't think so; but I never thought about this.

Extensive investigation has been done on the effect of Mobile Phone radiation on the human brain, and no harmful effects have been found. Drones operate at 2.4 and 5.8Ghz in the electromagnetic spectrum, similar to mobile phones. These frequencies all fall in the non ionizing range of the spectrum, which is low frequency and low energy and therefore non threatening to humans.

While the RF physics info above is true, I wonder about all the heavy phone use by youthful folks on our city streets. High phone use seems associated with green, yellow and purple hair color change and with additional body metal piercings both seen and unseen, multiple tattoos and occasional flash mob behavior. Very suspicious for psycho social disruption as additional indirect affects.
However, Drone RF seems associated with olde makes with thinning uncolored hair and smaller much older hidden tattoos if any. This an observational analysis of little value.

Drone transmit and receive is the exact same frequency and power of all WIFI. It is not the same at all as cell phones.

Drone transmit and receive is the exact same frequency and power of all WIFI. It is not the same at all as cell phones.
I did not say that phones use the same frequency, just similar! Both of these are considered "low frequency" and non ionizing and therefor, to dat, nothing detrimental to humans has been found at these frequencies.

Reactions: Torque
So then there is no difference between CE and FCC in terms of health?

So how come in Europe they limit signal strength so much with CE

Interference with weather radar.
The more common Radar systems do not operate any where near those frequencies used by drones/WiFi, they're well below.
I was flying my drone around a coastguard radar in Australia, and I mean within 100mtrs of it, and it had no effect on the drone!

The interference is from the drone to the radar. The transmissions from the drone and RC can create false positives for the weather radar.

The interference is from the drone to the radar. The transmissions from the drone and RC can create false positives for the weather radar.
Who cares other than the radar operator? The OP was asking about the effect on himself, his health! As said, there is no conclusive evidence that these transmissions are harmful, after all, just about every house if full of Wi-Fi!

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa