DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones in Philly, seeking guidance

MikeC149

Reactions
Hey guys, my name is Mike. I’ve always been interested in drones and finally got one on the used market.

If someone In the Philly area would be able to give me any pointers with flying, that’d be awesome. I’m flying a DJI Mavic pro M1P with an iPhone 12.

Attachments

• 34E7B89E-AB66-47C2-97F5-C9E785236DA6.png
    34E7B89E-AB66-47C2-97F5-C9E785236DA6.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Hi there & welcome to the forum...

Not a tip from the Philly area... but it looks like you don't use the correct app for your Mavic Pro. The app you should use is the DJI GO4 app & you need to get it directly from DJI's own site.

Get the latest version here --> DJI GO 4 - Download Center - DJI

Reactions: SeaPig and GFields
Welcome from the suburbs of Philthytown, Mike. I'm out near Pottstown with little experience but I'll help what I can. I fly an Air 2S and do not know how it differs from yours. PHL has a large airspace footprint and you'll first need to find out if and where you can fly down there.

Reactions: SeaPig and GFields
I'm also in the western suburbs like Walleye. Other than the PHL airspace, be aware of TFRs from the stadium complex and from presidential travel. Joe visits home (Delaware) regularly and so is a huge TFR so always check your B4UFLY or AirControl.

Reactions: SeaPig
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: SeaPig
Greetings Mike, from Houston. We are glad you are here.

Reactions: GFields
I'm also from the Philly area but just a bit south in Wilmington, DE. I like to fly behind the Art Museum near boat house row. It's just outside the PHL controlled airspace. Fairmount Park is a good place to fly as well.

Watch out for helicopters as they are all over the city.

Let me know if you would like to get together to fly.

Welcome to the forum Mike, from Chicago the Windy City.
FLY SAFE & FLY SMART ALSO FLY LEGALLY

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000