DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drones. Purchased a Mavic Pro

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Here’s a link to the full 60+ page manual... much better than that abbreviation in the box and easier to carry... on your phone or tablet, othe good stuf too. Get version 2.0

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and comments. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome!! I am new as well, 2 months in with a MP too. Just practice practice practice I'm still scared to venture out far. Read posts and learn there's a lot of info here.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello. I'm from Tennessee. In my 50's and purchased my first drone. I got the Mavic Pro. Great aircraft.
ya new guy so am i 65 ..i have the mavic pro and a phantom 3 and a bunch of small ones ...i suggest u read read and then keep readding the pro is easy to fly and easier yet to crash ive already had mine into repair ...baby steps and read again ..the hardest part for me is dealling with camera settings in flight ..........good luck

Hello. I'm from Tennessee. In my 50's and purchased my first drone. I got the Mavic Pro. Great aircraft.
Welcome, this forum is very helpful.
I fly a Mavic Pro Platinum (MPP)
Just a few tips that I discovered, starting out;
1. Get Care Refresh, before you fly the first time.
2. Props are to be installed and checked very carefully. They are the most important and weakest link in your quad copter.
3. Take off over grass and about 6 feet up stop and do a full maneuver test, before every flight. If something is wrong, you want it to be close by.
4. Practice in a wide open areas, like the size of a football field.
5. If you crash, sometimes if you send it in for an estimate, they can fix it for less than the Care Refresh deductible($85 to $125). it may take longer but save you some money.
6. Only use props direct from DJI. There are other after market props and knock offs out there, it is a crap shoot to find good ones.
7. Get the "UAV Forcast" app for your phone(free) and only fly on calm days, less than 10 MPH wind at ground level.
IMG_0041.JPG

Welcome, this forum is very helpful.
I fly a Mavic Pro Platinum (MPP)
Just a few tips that I discovered, starting out;
1. Get Care Refresh, before you fly the first time.
2. Props are to be installed and checked very carefully. They are the most important and weakest link in your quad copter.
3. Take off over grass and about 6 feet up stop and do a full maneuver test, before every flight. If something is wrong, you want it to be close by.
4. Practice in a wide open areas, like the size of a football field.
5. If you crash, sometimes if you send it in for an estimate, they can fix it for less than the Care Refresh deductible($85 to $125). it may take longer but save you some money.
6. Only use props direct from DJI. There are other after market props and knock offs out there, it is a crap shoot to find good ones.
7. Get the "UAV Forcast" app for your phone(free) and only fly on calm days, less than 10 MPH wind at ground level.
View attachment 98545
Thanks Thomas...I too have a MPP.
Appreciated your advice (particularly on props as I was asking about this on an earlier thread today).
Stay Safe...from Down Under
Ps could you have advised, if sporting a healthy beard to keep it away from props LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus