DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones

dizzie56

Reactions
Another newbie to drones. Got the mavic mini the other day with the fly more combo. I have been wanting a drone for quite some time now just didn't wanna spend a lot of money on something I will most likely break lol. Got it set up, been flying it in the garage and am surprised as to how easy it is so far. The only question ive run into so far is that when im taking video it seems to be only taking 5 second clips at most. Im currently using an 8gb sandisk micro i had laying around and will be getting a better sd card soon, could it just be the card? Or is this the longest ill be able to take video for? Id like to use it for just hobby at first but would eventually like to start taking drone shots/vids for my families roofing company. Any help would be appreciated. From Florida if that matters.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Onward and Upward

welcome to the forum, happy flying

Welcome to the forum! :)

The only question ive run into so far is that when im taking video it seems to be only taking 5 second clips at most. Im currently using an 8gb sandisk micro i had laying around and will be getting a better sd card soon, could it just be the card?
The memory card is likely causing that issue. Which memory card are you using?

Try formatting the memory card. If that does not resolve the issue, then try a memory card that's known to work well -- like one of these:

SanDisk Extreme
1576058539890.png

Samsung EVO Select
1576058550777.png

Another newbie to drones. Got the mavic mini the other day with the fly more combo. I have been wanting a drone for quite some time now just didn't wanna spend a lot of money on something I will most likely break lol. Got it set up, been flying it in the garage and am surprised as to how easy it is so far. The only question ive run into so far is that when im taking video it seems to be only taking 5 second clips at most. Im currently using an 8gb sandisk micro i had laying around and will be getting a better sd card soon, could it just be the card? Or is this the longest ill be able to take video for? Id like to use it for just hobby at first but would eventually like to start taking drone shots/vids for my families roofing company. Any help would be appreciated. From Florida if that matters.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb